Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! Even though I moved away from NYC a mere three years ago, riding has since become an all-consuming passion. Besides figuring out what clubs & bars have closed I now haveta learn all the ins and outs of Manhattan motorcycling. If you guys go drinking I'd love to come by and introduce myself. In the meantime I have to say how great it is to be back in The Big Apple!

-Dan

P.S. Uh, does anybody need an Editor? ???

·
Registered
47 Posts
Razzo, Welcome! I am just six months in to my first season of motorcycling here in the Big Apple. I got it primarily to get out of the city...but I find myself riding it d**n near every day to work and back. Took a ride with a friend and his 900SS today down to philly, lunch, and back here to work by 330...well...339 ::). I regret missing the chance to meet up with the group on their events and track days, but intend on attending all next season. Everything I read about them is about how fun and educational they can be.

By the way:

NJ Turnpike + Monster 900 no fairing + wind + more wind + lots and lots of wind = FUN

But really, I found myself riding in 6th gear and limiting 6 grand trying and failing to keep up with the 900SS in 5th.

·
Premium Member
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah New York! So great to be home. I suppose you all gave me the perfect New York welcome. "yeah you're here. Big fgriggin' deal". Seriousy, I love it. I had a Monster sighting last night. In the West Village next to Corner Bistro. It looked like an M620 Dark, a little older with only one front brake disc. It had clip-ons and what looked like an aftermarket oil cooler. There was a sticker in New York Times headline font that said "Satan's _____" Maybe Satan's helper? I couldn't read the second word. I was wondering if it was any of you.

-Dan

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
WOOHOOO [clap] ;D [clap] finally a titanium member, I found no other place to celebrate [laugh] so sorry to threadjack

P.S. I'd also like to go on some rides w/ you local peeps next season when I get the monster rolling again.. I felt too noobie to ride with ya'll last season, and I still do! But what the hell.......

·
Premium Member
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow I didn't know they made 750 Sennas. Thought they were all 1000's. No matter. We'll stretch her legs in a few months. I was gonna say when the weather's good enough to ride. According to the reports that'll be in two days not four months. My baby's still in Cali getting some additional paint and TLC. I miss her... :'(

-Dan

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
Razzo Bolognese said:
Wow I didn't know they made 750 Sennas. Thought they were all 1000's. No matter. We'll stretch her legs in a few months. I was gonna say when the weather's good enough to ride.

-Dan
I've gotten alot out of it! But b/c my gf is a passanger on it so frequently I decided to go for more power, and kind of spur of the moment to jump on this deal for a 900 motor, so it'll be a 900 senna! provided I don't F it up. ;D

Man, I need to get my gf her own bike...

·
Premium Member
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sweet! My baby finally came out of the shop today! A long tragic story that starts with a friend's "help" and ends with a seized motor with only 3500 miles on it. She's all fixed up, under warrantee thank goodness! She's still in Cali getting some final touches but she'll be the flagship of this whole friggin' burg come springtime!

-Dan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts