Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
i live 100 feet from 23...if you guys are going let me know. I am about 20 minutes from Hi point, lots of twisties up in sussex county, nice pavement too

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Industrial_Grrrl said:
no its a garmin file.

if you want the directions i can give them, but not right now as I'm at um.. work. [laugh]
No that's fine. I don't have Garmin. I just get lost an use my bloodhound senses.. for dead end road. Ahem!

How do you like it?

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Park Ave from 34-96th any weekday... Taxi Battle!! :eek:

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
interbrother pkwy or better known as The Jackie Robinson Expressway. Good for a little fun close to my home with a couple of good turns. 2 lanes concrete walls on either side, no room for error ;D

C

·
0 Posts
From N. Jersey:
Rt 15 N to 94 West to PA Rt 611N, take 611N to 191N in E. Stroudsburg, 191N to 590E, 590E to 6E into Milford, Cross bridge back into Jersey, Hop on Deckerstown TPK (650), back to 15 S.

Whole trip is about 250 miles or so, PA roads are very curvey as some have stated and fairly well maitained. Watch your speeds through the various small towns!!!! WATCH FOR BEARS/DEAR ON 191 NORTH OF STIRLING, PA UNTIL NEWFOUNDLAND, PA!!!!!

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Take a weekend trip out to the hamptons or montauk. Stay at some cheap motel. Early spring or fall is the best time. Just spend the day getting lost on the backroads, some of the best roads for riding, lots of twisties and good places to get some speed. Oceanfront views and lots of cool places to stop and check out.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
What is the best route to south hampton?
I always take 495, but I am looking for a nice ride, not the chaos of the highway.
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
If you are up in the Adirondacks I'm sure there are great roads all around. Some of the roads I checked out were rt73 and rt86. Really nice twisties, mostly smooth roads, amazing scenery.

maps

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
If your going that route and want an extra rider I know some other roads around here that have some short fun twisties and very little traffic. I live in patchogue, exit 64 on 454 or 53 on 27

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
I tried finishing this route on Tuesday, but sinus pain ended the ride prematurely. :p

See this thread: http://www.ducatimonster.org/smf/index.php?topic=91784.0

It's a pretty casual ride, routes 32 and 611 are a lot of fun, but nothing too technical.

Anyway, I left from downtown NYC out the Holland Tunnel.

Take the Newark Bay Extension to where it runs into RT 22. RT 22 west to Route 202 South. 22 has some decent sweepers, but 202 is pretty dull. The Flemington circle is pretty tricky, though.

Take 202 South to 179 (just a quick dive into Lambertville, NJ.) Cross Delaware into New Hope PA. (Grated metal bridge, though...)

New Hope get massive tourist traffic on weekends (and tons of Harleys). Real fun town to spend a few hours walking and hanging out.

From New Hope I took 32 north, which parallels the Delaware river for a while - very pretty. Switch to 611 up to Easton. 611 also parallels the river, but you don't see it too often.

I wanted to do the rest of this, but I gave up after the pain set in around Easton. I just went home then.

I wanted to finish taking 611 up to Stroudsburg, hang out there and meet a friend. Then take 611 south from Stroudsburg for a few miles to cross back over to NJ and take 46 east as far as possible. Then a quick blast on 80 to the GWB to home.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts