Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys are so lame awesome sometimes.

Post up your routes, they don't have to be amazing, just a ride that you like doing.

Remember, posting routes can attract the wrong kind of attention at times so ride safe and keep it sane.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'll get it started because you guys are lame awesome... oh, did I say that already? :p [thumbsup]

GWB
Palisaides North
9W North
17K West
52 West
209 North
44/55 East
Albany Post Rd South
52 west (yes, again)
Food in Ellenville
209 South
42 North (or west)
97 West (Hawks Nest)
97 East (back)
6 South
23 South (High Point)
80 East
95 East
GWB

Big day ride from NYC.

·
Registered
224 Posts
First sticky note in NYMMC.... horay... but keep them under control, or even keep one sticky and maintain links to interesting threads there... just thinking out loud...

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
301, 301, 301

Did I mention 301?

Route 9

Annsville circle (round about, also a hot hangout for local riders usually on Sunday morning))

202/6 (twisty)

right on 9D

right on 301

at the end of 301 spin a round and take 301 all the way back to the river.
Hang there and marvel at West Point for a while and then home.

Now don't you guys go posting this on some motorcycle web site so everyone is on my favorite roads! [laugh]

Got Duc

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
We did this today.

23N in sussex to 650N (650 is my favorite road to ride on...fast and curvy...but be careful...sharp turns after fast straights)
650N to 521 North (521 goes north along the delaware on the jersey side...nice sweeping turns)
Left on 6? I think over the bridge to Port Jervis...through PJ to 97 to Hawks Nest

Mod hat: let's keep our posts LEO friendly. ;)

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you're riding out to Hawks Nest, take a run through, then make a right on to Upper Mongaup Rd then right on to Forrestburgh Rd then right onto 42 and into Port Jervis. There are some good twisties down there but look out for some odd corners.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
While on the subject of Hawk's Nest, if you head up 97 another 15 miles or so (lots of nice long staights to cruise along at the speed limit ;) ), you will see the Roebling Bridge. Cross that into PA and follow route 590 up to Hawley. Very curvy, smooth, nicely paved road with some really tight 90 degree turns. It starts out with a nice leisurely run along the Lackawaxen River then veers up a really steep hill into the woods where you start getting a taste of the turns to come. From the town of Lackawaxen to Hawley is somewhere around 15 miles with a good chance of no cars to get in the way.
If you're already up this way it's worth side trip.
http://www.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&saddr=lackawaxen,pa&daddr=hawley,pa&ie=UTF8&om=1
They say 31 minutes, I say that is amusing.

·
Registered
221 Posts
all i ever do is take the pallisades up to harriman state park, do a couple laps and come home. im lame. i need to be a little more adventurous, not to mention better excuses to ditch out on my girlfriend on the weekends. way to go on this sticky thread mr. moderator. great idea.

·
Premium Member
2,326 Posts
here's the ride we used to do all the time

Saw Mill River Pkwy North
22N (or if want quick ride up then 684)
164 W
311 S
52 N
42 (Farmer Mills Road) fresh asphault nice twisties

Either 301 S towards Carmel and then back up again
Or
301 N
Slow down near Canopus Lake picnic area always police presence

On left side of road find DENNYTOWN ROAD take that to the end and turn around

repeat
repeat
repeat

BACK TO 301 towards Cold Spring for lunch/dinner

Or

At end of Dennytown Rd make right on Oscawana Lake RD, to Oregon Rd, to Bear Mtn State Pkwy to 6N across Bear Mtn Bridge and play on Seven Lakes Drive up Perkins Memorial, back down Perkins Memorial (hands on handlebars optional lol)

Pick a way home, normally stay away from Palisades Pkwy due to Pkwy Police they like to target motorcycles and will confiscate NYPD PBA/SBA cards.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
you guys might want to throw these routes onto www.grouprider.com I finally gave in and registered. They have some kind of a google maps click and plan waypoint function, find local riders, find local routes, and find local rides, all click-driven (no need to put in local zipcodes and stuff).

I just put in a part of the Nassau Loop that I like, and I believe there are a couple of Montauk, Bear Mountain and 301 routes posted up already.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Not really a route but nice twisties to break the monotony if you are going up 23 to High Point or the Nest.

As you enter Sussex where the road twists threw town, don’t make a right at the light to stay on 23 but continue straight on 639

639 – first light, make a right onto 628
628 – TIGHT twisties - SMOOTH road  [clap]
Right on 519 – ahh deep breath and smell the cow dung – lots of high speed sweepers and usually no traffic.- dumps you back onto 23 about 2 miles below high point.

Fun detour

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
I always wind up writing/printing directions I can't follow, getting lost, riding for hours longer than I intended and loving it. Many good roads mentioned so far that I have been or think I have been on, but one interesting one was out in Port Jervis.

Skyline drive heads up to the overlook and the first part of the road is very short (maybe a mile max) but gnarly with no traffic and worth a few runs. If you're out that way, check it out.

I'd be interested in hearing about other places like that if you guys know any.

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Clinton Road from Route 23 into upper Greenwood Lake. The rough parts have been repaved. Did it yesterday and remembered why I love my Monster!

·
Premium Member
2,326 Posts
ducatijoe8 said:
Clinton Road from Route 23 into upper Greenwood Lake. The rough parts have been repaved. Did it yesterday and remembered why I love my Monster!
[thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup] I think we did this road on a DML ride this summer, MIke (ducsauce) led us down that road... indeed mucho mucho fun!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts