Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Visiting Speedzone paint and bodywork because they advertise here on the DML. They have a little flash slideshow of a Ducati fuel tank repair.... not just any Ducati fuel tank... a Ducati 916 tank. Not just any Ducati 916 tank, but the custom one-of-a-kind painted fuel tank of the Ducati "Mule" 916 Street Tracker that is at this moment out in my garage... shown in the video already custom painted, dented, and then repaired!

Unbelievable.

But I guess they do good work, because I'm damned particular and pretty good at bodywork myself, and I never spotted the repair.

Sheesh, what are the odds?

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
Old_Ducker said:
Visiting Speedzone paint and bodywork because they advertise here on the DML. They have a little flash slideshow of a Ducati fuel tank repair.... not just any Ducati fuel tank... a Ducati 916 tank. Not just any Ducati 916 tank, but the custom one-of-a-kind painted fuel tank of the Ducati "Mule" 916 Street Tracker that is at this moment out in my garage... shown in the video already custom painted, dented, and then repaired!

Unbelievable.

But I guess they do good work, because I'm damned particular and pretty good at bodywork myself, and I never spotted the repair.

Sheesh, what are the odds?
um, how bout a link to share with us?

·
Registered
31 Posts
It looks like the old-fashioned method of spot-welding a pin and pulling out the dent, then smoothing out the surface. Pretty effective method that's been around for awhile, but many bike repair places don't seem to want to use.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts