Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help with accessories....Ordered a sargeant seat, cycle cat bars/rearset, frame sliders (looking forward to my first track day), scant carbon fiber bits, and plan on adding a couple of teeth to the back sprocket...I really need to pick out an exhaust...want the full system to make her faster( ;D)...I read through the FAQs which are quite helpful but I'm still stuck. Don't want something too loud. The Ducati Performance system on the ST4 is thunderous but sometimes I feel it's too loud. I have the Termignoni on the 999. Probably need something low since I'll want to throw over some soft bags on the back to go to work (but not permanent bags!)...
anybody with strong feelings on this???
thanks much
Bayoubiker

·
Registered
735 Posts
Everyone loves the pipes that they have on their bike so this might be a tough one. You could always go the cost effective way and get your stock pipes modified. Not a full system but an option.

http://www.ducatipipemod.com/service/

There are a lot of people on this board that have had their pipes done and are very happy with them.

I do have a valid comparison for you though. I recently installed a set of Arrow high mounts on an S4 and when comparing them to the Termi

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
I have strong feelings about wanting to ride your 999 - does that count?

·
Registered
366 Posts
You may not need a full system. Bruce at BCM (he's the man, the B, my personal Ducati God, etc) says that the pipes on the M1000 are pretty good in stock form. I had concerns about overall loudness and Bruce recommended Arrows. I got the Arrow low slipons and have been pleased. I agree w/ monster_mash, the Arrows have a nice low rumble/grumble that isn't as loud as the Termi's I've heard (note that this is for slipons, not Arrow race systems w/o baffle).

2 Teeth on the rear is also Bruce's recommendation for good street gearing.

I need some help with accessories....Ordered a sargeant seat, cycle cat bars/rearset, frame sliders (looking forward to my first track day), scant carbon fiber bits, and plan on adding a couple of teeth to the back sprocket...I really need to pick out an exhaust...want the full system to make her faster( ;D)...I read through the FAQs which are quite helpful but I'm still stuck. Don't want something too loud. The Ducati Performance system on the ST4 is thunderous but sometimes I feel it's too loud. I have the Termignoni on the 999. Probably need something low since I'll want to throw over some soft bags on the back to go to work (but not permanent bags!)...
anybody with strong feelings on this???
thanks much
Bayoubiker

1 - 6 of 6 Posts