Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mods to date;

DP Carbon Fiber Fairing
Strati Can 1/2 Mod. (3 inches shorter painted semi gloss black)
Evoluzione Kick Stand Bypass
Joe's License Plate Job

Really happy with the fairing...was cheaper than the dark painted one and looks really nice.

Love the Strati 1/2 mod. Not obnoxiously loud but now I can hear my engine and it sounds great! Thanks Strati.

Kick Stand bypass is great..instructions are as useless as tits on a boar but once I figured it out (with help from the good people on here) it is great. Bike takese forever to warm up in the cold weather so it is nice to have it running while I put on my gear and check the tire pressure.

Joe's License Plate Job-Got rid of over a pound of useless sheet metal and make a plate holder out of an old plastic garbage can cover...lol.

So far loving my monster! I'm kind of still riding like a dork...not exceeding 6000 rpm and being a little careful with all the darn gravel on the roads. But hopefully both of those will soon be remedied.

Joe

G

·
haha good to see you like your mods..

i found after I opened up the airbox (tpo pods) its hard to keep it under 6k.

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
photos are to come! i'll get busy this weekend. i think real mirrors will be my next mod...i'm tired of looking at my elbows...lol.

i'm a little confused about all the air box mods...tpo? Also what is the deal with altering mapping, altering the computer...i'm afraid to do anything else without making sure i'm not leaning out the bitch too much.

whatever happened to the good old days when you could change jets....lol.

G

·
Hi Joe

I was wondering how much is the DP CF fairing. According to my dealer it's even more money than the regular one. Can you point me to a good source?

Thanks!

Mods to date;

Really happy with the fairing...was cheaper than the dark painted one and looks really nice.

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
at least you got a tach!...
I have no idea what my engine is doin'

My jeep even has a tach...yeah right...

I have no idea why they were made without them...
hmmm

a new carbon fiber DP tach is my next mod...

·
Registered
74 Posts
i have a carbon fiber fairing i am looking to get rid of. it's not a DP but it is real carbon fiber with a beautiful weave, especially when its in the sun. let me know if you are interested and i can get some pics.

G

·
Sure, I'd be very interested to see the picture(s) if it will fit an '03 Monster

i have a carbon fiber fairing i am looking to get rid of. it's not a DP but it is real carbon fiber with a beautiful weave, especially when its in the sun. let me know if you are interested and i can get some pics.

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
got the dp carbon fiber fairing at amol motorcycles in dumont, nj. they may have given me a discount because i bought the bike there but they charged me $225 + tax.

www.amolmotorcycles.com

·
Registered
74 Posts
yeah it will, you will have to build some lower brackets because i don't have all the hardware, which would be no sweat. i have the upper connectors and bolts and lower bolts but no brackets. yeah give me a couple of days and i will try to post some good pics, if that doesn't work i will email you them. i don't have a digi so i have to find one first. and the price would be well below 225 for the DP, and it is a much stabler fairing at speed.

G

·
Thanks Joe, I'll be waiting for the picture(s).
Sounds like what I need.

yeah it will, you will have to build some lower brackets because i don't have all the hardware, which would be no sweat. i have the upper connectors and bolts and lower bolts but no brackets. yeah give me a couple of days and i will try to post some good pics, if that doesn't work i will email you them. i don't have a digi so i have to find one first. and the price would be well below 225 for the DP, and it is a much stabler fairing at speed.

·
Registered
74 Posts
i got the pics today, i am not sure how to post them on the board though. if you could send me a private message with your email i will email you them asap.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
i got the pics today, i am not sure how to post them on the board though. if you could send me a private message with your email i will email you them asap.
Wrong answer. You gotta learn how to post ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts