Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody in Northern Virginia? looking for a partner to ride with! i'm a 2month new rider, so still sticking to city streets and quiet hours, but would love to have somebody to ride with! I've got a M695 in the original red and black, sexy bike!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm in Arlington. Just picked up a monster last weekend in Winchester and have been riding around NOVA all week.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yeah, I'd love to get together for a ride some time. Probably needs to be soon if its going to be this season. I'm free for the next few weekends.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi guys! I picked up an 07 S4RS about a month ago, and have been enjoying it a lot. I've never done group rides (wife refuses to do them as she's had some friends severely injured/killed in a couple of larger rides), but if it's more along the lines of a meet 'n greet with an easy jaunt or something, I'd be interested. I'm in Stafford up near Quantico and tend to ride until pretty late in the season, usually until there's ice/snow on the ground.

Also I'd be really glad to meet anyone who's done any of their own maintenance on their bike. I'm getting set to do a bunch of it on my own since the services are super pricey. So far I have a fork seal swap, steering stem bearing replacement, and a major service planned (first two hopefully this or next weekend, last one during the winter downtime). If anyone had any experience doing these or similar, I'd love to hear any tips to make the process smooth.

ride safe!

Ed

*edit*
One of my favorite spots to ride is up and down Joplin Rd. Nice and twisty, yet stupidly easy to get to/from. It's a short ride that doesn't take up your whole day.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi folks, new to the forum here but have been putzing around on my M900s for the past year. Manage to put a good 6,000 miles on her just riding solo. Looking to meet other Ducatistis in the NOVA area (besides just rolling up with a quick greeting at stop lights).

If you spot me in the area, say hi!

·
Registered
8 Posts
New to the forum and Ducati. Out in Ashburn with a 2012 796. Also have a neighbor with a 796Hypermotard. I've seen a few monsters out and would love to meet up on occasion.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

New guy to the forums here. I live in MD but I work in Crystal City, riding regularly on 2011 796. I have not seen any monsters or any Ducs actually besides during my visits to Coleman in Falls Church...

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm in MD work in DC, just got my 2002 M750Sie inspection done, tags this week, then ride to work. Maybe head to crystal city or Roslyn for lunch later in the week, Thursday or Friday, anyone interested? Pm or email at drewbird911 at gmail . ��

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hello,

New guy to the forums here. I live in MD but I work in Crystal City, riding regularly on 2011 796. I have not seen any monsters or any Ducs actually besides during my visits to Coleman in Falls Church...
There are plenty of Ducs around the DMV. Keep an eye out now that spring has sprung.

·
Registered
8 Posts

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
If on Facebook look for BAD (Baltimore Area Ducati) and MAD (Mid Atlantic Ducati). They do some group rides in southern MD. Both are good groups. Ride like you stole them, but keep the shiny side up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts