Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Rode my bike to a meeting last week in Arlington, VA and rode home on the Skyline drive through Shenandoah NP and on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Left my hotel at 0530 and was on the skyline by 0700. Weekday early morning was really awesome with little traffic and zero LEO. Only downside was that it was 60F for the first few hours (cold in a mesh RevIt jacket!), and there was fog in the lower parts (had to stop quite a bit to clear the shield). Round trip of about 580 miles. No stalling. No fuel light problems. Just a day of twisty roads and beautiful scenery. Kreiga 30L was big enough for dress shoes, suit, tie, shirt, and iPad. :)

Ride from NoVA to Blacksburg on July 11, 2014 by -egpaterson-

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Absolutely beautiful.

I'm currently in the planning stages of riding Skyline Drive and the entire BRP next summer. It will close to 1000 mile round trip for me.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Absolutely beautiful.

I'm currently in the planning stages of riding Skyline Drive and the entire BRP next summer. It will close to 1000 mile round trip for me.
Every motorcyclist needs to make the whole trip at least once in their lifetime. I especially like the portion from Roanoke south to the great smokies. I definitely want to do this come sept/oct.

·
Registered
56 Posts
That's practically my back yard! It is beautiful for sure.

We are taking 2-3 weeks in sept to ride from Roanoke to the Canadian side of Niagra Falls and back. Going to be some beautiful riding. Leaving the 13th, if anyone is interested in joining along the way let me know.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's practically my back yard! It is beautiful for sure.

We are taking 2-3 weeks in sept to ride from Roanoke to the Canadian side of Niagra Falls and back. Going to be some beautiful riding. Leaving the 13th, if anyone is interested in joining along the way let me know.
Are you riding a monster on the trip to Canada? Sounds like a great trip.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Are you riding a monster on the trip to Canada? Sounds like a great trip.
Yes, monster 1200. Hubby will be on his triumph. This is a much smaller trip than the one three yrs ago. We took 6 weeks off and road across country and back. That was an epic 12000 mile trip!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Thanks so much for the pics. I am planning the Blue Ridge Parkway for this september, when everyone is back to work. I have this one on my bucket list for a long time . I will finally be able to check it !!!

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
We moved our timeline up. We are riding up to Front Royal, Va on October 20th and will start at the beginning of Skyline Drive the next morning. We plan to end up in Cherokee, NC on the 23rd. We are planning to stop off at the Natural Bridge, Linville Falls, Grandfather Mountain, the Diamondback and more during our trip.

If any one is around and wants to ride a portion with us, you're more than welcome. I'll be riding with my dad (he will be on a V Star 900) so don't expect a spirited ride. We are going for the scenery (well, except for the Diamondback). Haha.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts