Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ho Monsterinos! Just thought I would check in and say howdy. Ya know, some lady called me "darlin" the other day. Found Ducati Austin and hung out there for a bit. Pretty good group of guys working there. They pointed me in the direction of a sweet road, but warned me about all the people that have died on it. OK, so going out there you kinda go into a canyon, nice and twisty-4 lanes wide, with the sheer rock face on one side. after that you get to the top of the next canyon, just as the road turns into a 2 lane, there is a road sign- twisty road next 27 miles! I kinda squeeled like a school girl when I saw that. You drop in on this road like it is a roller coaster- twisty as hell- I can see where people would screw up. You get a 200 yard straightaway and then suddenly the hill drops down and curves really tight. I did see one guard rail totalled. Needless to say, I will get some pics next time I head over there- its only 15 minutes-= much nicer than the trip to WI! Hope you are all staying warm. It has been kinda cold here the last few days- in the 30's. Its funny how temps below 30 can make the top story on the 10 oclock news!

·
Registered
735 Posts
Glad to here that you made it Tony. I had to drink myself into a stuper this weekend. I caught myself wondering how your trip went.

I am glad to here that you have some good roads down there. Next summer just won't be the same w/o the smokin, wheelie poppin 620! You and Retro will sure be missed!

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
and I finally ditched the combat boots. Got the Alpinestars SMX boot. Pretty nice boot for the price- but it has been discontinued. So if you were thinking about grabbing a pair, you may want to jump on that quick.
Being unemployed sucks. Its only been for a week now, but it seems so much longer. And none of my job prospects are panning out. I may have a job working for the city doing airport security. That interview went well, and it is a foot in the door none the less. Why is it so hard to find a normal desk jockey job? I have been talking to people with the IQ of Forrest Gump that have great jobs. Guess I better get the knee pads out of storage...
Like I said before to all of you- you are more than welcome to come down and ride with me. Once you see the pictures, you will agree. Oh yeah, and on the 17th I think they told me that Bostrom is going to be at the shop for some event. I'll get some pics of that too!

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I was wondering where the hell you were.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Where did you get the kicks? Not that I'll be able to buy anything soon but it doesn't hurt to look.

The job think will work out for the best, it always does.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Meet Eric Bostrom at Austin Ducati's Open House January 17th
BIG NEWS = BIG PARTY

Holiday hangovers are wearing off so its time to celebrate Eric Bostrom joining the Ducati Austin racing effort for 2004. On Jan. 17th we will host an Open House and backyard cookout featuring Eric Bostrom signing autographs and hanging out at the store with the new 999 he will race in the AMA Superbike series.

The all new 2004 models from Ducati including the ST3, S4R, Multistrada and 749 Dark will be on hand along with our new, larger apparel department. We have recently added Alpinestars, Draggin Jeans and more bike accessories from Cycle Cat and STM. We added new goodies from Ducati with Ducati Performance sunglasses from Oakley and watches from Breil. The very first pieces of the new Historic Logo collection are available as well. If you have not seen this stuff firsthand, this is an opportunity you do not want to miss.

The Open House will be all day Saturday 9AM - 5PM. Help us spread the word so we can give Eric a Texas-size welcome and let him see all the fans he has at Ducati Austin. We will have free food in our backyard with the Ducati Austin race transporter. Ride your motorcycle for the best parking and we look forward to seeing you and all your friends.

For more info go to http://www.ducatiaustin.com or
call Jeff at (512) 291-5100
email [email protected]

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I met Jeff. Pretty cool guy, also rides a Monster. I guess he is the manager there or something- he had an office. The place is pretty small. Im talking smaller than Motoprimo. They had room for MAYBE a dozen bikes and they were stacked in there pretty tight. I was expecting neon lights and fireworls when I pulled up.

As far as the boots go- I ended up taking a pair that they had in stock that is just a hair too big. Its a 10.5 and I need a 10. But the way those Euro sizes work, I think the next smaller 44 would be too small. Just used them on my ride this afternoon- very comfy...

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
I'd be careful about a airport security job there Loki. Aside from looking like some Richard Reid school of terrorism reject I think they also piss test ya something fierce. I've got some friends who work at the airport for the airlines doing girly ticket counter stuff (well, they are girls though) and they don't have nearly as much BS to deal with as the TSA idiots. They also get to fly free damn near anywhere. My friend Sasha just flew out to Maui to visit a friend of ours. Her cost to fly to Hawaii: zero frickin' dollars! Another friend of mine can get me flights to Mexico and the Carribean for next to nothing. Something you might want to check into. I'm glad you're getting some cold weather there in Texass, the only thing I can do here is visit the shop and spend some time with my bike and promise her that parts and mods will be coming shortly. Just a few more months until Spring...... Take some pics of that twisty road will ya! Cheers,
Hanns

·
Registered
418 Posts
You should see if you can be a baggage handler. From what I hear that it is pretty good $$ and awesome overtime!! Check it out!!!

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'd be careful about a airport security job there Loki. Aside from looking like some Richard Reid school of terrorism reject I think they also piss test ya something fierce. I've got some friends who work at the airport for the airlines doing girly ticket counter stuff (well, they are girls though) and they don't have nearly as much BS to deal with as the TSA idiots. They also get to fly free damn near anywhere. My friend Sasha just flew out to Maui to visit a friend of ours. Her cost to fly to Hawaii: zero frickin' dollars! Another friend of mine can get me flights to Mexico and the Carribean for next to nothing. Something you might want to check into. I'm glad you're getting some cold weather there in Texass, the only thing I can do here is visit the shop and spend some time with my bike and promise her that parts and mods will be coming shortly. Just a few more months until Spring...... Take some pics of that twisty road will ya! Cheers,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts