Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a late 1996 m600 since Jan 11 mnths ago. With cars I never interested in maintaining myself, mods etc but bug has bitten hard with the duc. (apparent this pretty normal)
Dealer got me workshop manual n it is for m400 n m600 but printed 1994. I know if it wrong one will be very little differences with the one I should have but bastards charged me over 100 for it n I think I should have the right one. Not bastards but am bit pissed off also the only 2 duc dealers in melb Australia where I am won't service my bike as too old. They sell some even older though n service them so I think it's just coz I bought second hand and not from them.
Any chAnges in terms of workshop manual from one on 1994 n for my late model 96??? Maybe same manual anyway with no changes. My model still air cooled in that year??? I been searching net a while but so far can't find the answer to this?
P.s. guessing alot of u in us with more resources n wouldn't be charged so much or find as difficult as for me here in oz. Maybe should have ordered from one of u guys.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not 1 specific thing. Want to begin by maintaining bike, learning basics n possibly some basic mods. After that not 100% sure what's next - more serious mods, racing, rebuilding. May not be on the m600 if I later want to upgrade. I know the 600 isn't fast compared to most other monsters u guys have but I am still awed by the acceleration speed and fast rev motor compared to crappy older Holden cars I used to drive that are powerful but so boring compared.
Mainly though love my new bike n want the correct workshop manual

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok so @ start if manual says they can have updates and training for their staff without updating manual for better practice, improvements etc so maybe I do have the right one? Anyone actually know?

Hmm wonder if I could get the updates up for the next 2 years until my model, though I Doubt I will be able to n not gonna waste too much time with that

·
Super Moderator
3,939 Posts
There weren't many changes to these early years of bikes. The choke button/lever was relocated, couple small things like that. Most of us on this site won't be able to tell you anything really specific, since the M400 was never sold in the U.S. and the M600 was sold only for a couple of years, and not the one your bike was made.

I'd just use the manual you have; it won't be different for any of the basic things.

PhilB

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmm, even on the 94 one I have they have lots of dif torque settings for 2 dif vin numbers given. Mine of course is totally dif vin. So there's some more changes. Not 100% convinced but a little more comfortable. Still want access to updates from 94 to 96 n can't find em. Some duc dealer would have em. Just need them to do an anonymous post

1 - 6 of 6 Posts