Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I love the look of the old Veglia tachs, but let's face it, I'm not going to find an electronic one that looks like ^^^ that.
My idea is to buy a reasonably-priced, plain vanilla, aftermarket tach and make my own 'Veglia' face for it (tachometer by "kinkos!" if you will)

So who knows what font they used (it's almost Eurostyle)?

Oh yeah, for the tech part: anyone know of a good, cheap aftermarket tach (60-80mm) that can be easily taken apart? ;D

·
Registered
444 Posts
eurostyle is CLOSE but 1's 4's and 8's are a little different. The 1 has the biggest different, the tabie thing at the top is very small and round on the gauge but is longer on the font.....the 4 has rounded ends but eurostyle is hard on the edges, BUT its close. I have over 2,000 fonts on my design machine and that is closest I could find..

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
Why not just use a front head with a mechanical tach drive?

·
Premium Member
2,089 Posts
Norm said:
Hey, that was my answer.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Norm said:
I'm having trouble matching the word "just" in that sentence with the part that involves swapping out the front head. [cheeky]

Plus I'm a cheap bastard.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The motogadget stuff is gorgeous, but that LCD display won't quite fit the look I want.

Although I may end up using their warning light bar.

I'm thinking more along the lines of autometer; simple, clean, no extra doo dads.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Spidey said:
This ain't cheap, DM, but what about this? (this is what I'll have on mine)

You bastard.
That's gorgeous.

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
Speeddog said:
You bastard.
That's gorgeous.
makes ya wanna build a bike around it, huh? ;D

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
well, if I hadn't just finished up a gauge cluster project, I would've used this idea, but you are more than welcome to it:

what about cutting a whole face out of aluminum and giving it a few swipes of scotch brite? throw it on a cnc cutter and have at it...

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
derby said:
makes ya wanna build a bike around it, huh? ;D
Well, sort of... but really, I consider my bike pretty well built to be what I want, there's just a few things that continue to bug the crap out of me, and the gauges are one of 'em.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Damn you Spidey.

The more I look at that motogadget gauge, the more I like it. Good looking, small, integrated everything (from idiot lights to temp / pressure / etc. sensors)

I hate you.

No, I love you.

No, I hate you.

Uhg. How about I just blame 'Stew? [cheeky]

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts