Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Much soul searching has brought me to the conclusion that liquidating some assets is a must. That said, I’m selling the beast :'( . I’m posting here before the (more proper) classified thread for two reasons; hoping for local interest, and looking for some feedback from friendly sources before listing nationwide. I’d like to get $8,000 for her (center of low and high wholesale) but would certainly entertain offers. For those of you unfamiliar with her:
2005 Monster S4R, blue w/white stripe and white wheels
• CF mid-mount Termi’s
• CF head mount steering damper
• DP chip
• New clutch with Cycle Cat pressure plate and “cover”
• Cut air box
Maintenance is up to date (all done by Casey) and she’s only got ‘bout 3400 miles. I bought her out of the Ducati press bike fleet so there’s no red key or card. There is about a year and a half left on the factory warranty.
Let me know what you guys think,
Brett

Attachments

·
Registered
473 Posts
Re: Not so free to a good home

First you leave me, now you're going bikeless.
:-[

Miss you around here

·
Registered
45,105 Posts

That sucks... I'm sorry to hear it. :'(

On the red key, does it not have the immobilizer and thus doesn't ever need one, or it just doesn't have one and could end up creating a problem one day?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Greerzilla said:
That sucks... I'm sorry to hear it. :'(

On the red key, does it not have the immobilizer and thus doesn't ever need one, or it just doesn't have one and could end up creating a problem one day?
May cause a problem one day.

BTW I need to learn how peeps quote different posts in the same response ;D

·
Registered
45,105 Posts

I'm sure it is... and just so you know, it's a VERY nice bike. Doesn't hurt that it's in my favorite color combination as well.

·
Registered
489 Posts
who did you sell it to? will he/she start posting on here?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
He is a member "maptaker" but alas, he lives in TX. At least I won't have to see her with another man.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
I'll take excellent care of her--the bike that is. I still can't believe I'm going to have her! I've fantasized about this Monster for a year in Iraq. Actually, I fanatsized about her since the first time I laid eyes on her color scheme at a Ducati Dealership 2 years ago. Thanks a million Brett. I won't be able to get ahold of the shipping company until tomorrow about the change of address. Take care!
-Mike

·
Registered
124 Posts
maptaker said:
I'll take excellent care of her--the bike that is. I still can't believe I'm going to have her! I've fantasized about this Monster for a year in Iraq. Actually, I fanatsized about her since the first time I laid eyes on her color scheme at a Ducati Dealership 2 years ago. Thanks a million Brett. I won't be able to get ahold of the shipping company until tomorrow about the change of address. Take care!
-Mike
I guess that's better than fantasizing about Brett for a year...

How was the sandbox? Branch? Civvie?

·
Registered
124 Posts
desmo996 said:
Gee thanks Poke, I thought he was talking about me.
Nahh, you'll know when we're talking about you. Words like creepy, lingering, and need-to-wash, will play a much more prominent role.

:p

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.