Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a Joyous ride last Saturday in the Southbay I wanted to get back on track with my Ride Calender and schedule up a North Bay Ride this weekend

It's been sometime since I've ventured North and I've only been on the roads that the Marin County folks have been nice enough to lead us on in the past. So if it's left up to me that's where we'd ride again... Mt Tam~Pt. Reyes~Tamales~So On and So Forth... A more organized route plan to follow. But I'm open for suggestions.

The Meet-Ups:
Right now I'd say Tam Junction Starbucks at 9:00 Kickstands up at 9:30am
SF/East/Sout Bay Pre-Meet at Chestnut St. Starbucks at 8:00 Kickstands up at 8:30am
East Bay Pre-Pre-Meet at Peidmont St., The Posh Bagel in Oakland at 7:00 Kickstands up at 7:30am
Obviously you don't have to meet at any of the pre-meet spots, and can go straight to Tam Junction if you'd like. But please post up for those that plan to "Pre-Meet" so we can decide to cancel the gathering

Ride Rules:
Also please do a "once over" on your bikes before coming. Do your tires even have wear bars? Is your chain dry and kinked up? Is your front rotor pitted and destroyed from lack of brake pads? Are you brakes soft and mushy? Do your tires even have air in them? These things and more can make a great day a very bad one for you and everyone else. So to keep from having to ask you to join us another time please check this stuff out on your own. :D

I'm also going to be setting a 5 person a group maximum. Too many people becomes too big of a concern for monitoring group progress and getting around obstacles (ie -minivans, etc...). So those somewhat experienced on these roads it would be encouraged to sweep or lead.

Some Pre-Ride Reading:
The Pace 1
The Pace 2

So who wants to put the rubber to the pavement?

The Roster:
CharliesAngel
Jaman
*TCK!*
Vindingo (I'm pre-signing you up so you can't back out now)

Legend:

* indicates pre-meet at Chestnut St. Starbucks in San Francisco

* indicates pre-meet at Peidmont St., The Posh Bagel in Oakland

indicates Wussed Out And Isn't Riding With Us.

·
Premium Member
5,487 Posts
M'boy and me is heading to see my future in-laws in Reno this weekend. No riding for us. It's still too "iffy" to risk riding over the passes until later on in the year. Be safe you guys. [thumbsup] If someone decides to do some low-earth orbiting while I'm away, there will be hell to pay. ;)

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CADUCMAN said:
Have a good ride folks, I will be riding the Blue Ridge Parkway and Deal's Gap that weekend [thumbsup]
My computer beeped letting me know a new reply had been made, then a little windows popped up saying "CADUCMAN HAS REPLIED TO..." I thought, "Finally he's going to make it on one of the weekend rides..."

haha tricked me! Enjoy the family trip I bet it's going to be fun.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
CADUCMAN said:
Have a good ride folks, I will be riding the Blue Ridge Parkway and Deal's Gap that weekend [thumbsup]
Do you still ride during the week much? No job has conveniently left me with a lot of free time!

·
Registered
444 Posts
I still do most of my riding during the week so when I get back we can cause some trouble. Although after 22 days on my 1098, I may need a day to rest! P.S. TCK, I will make it to a weekend group ride one of these days!

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Can't make it this time around - got some crap to take care of in the afternoon. Though I hope to get out for a few hours in the morning.

Have fun out there.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sidrock said:
Can't make it this time around - got some crap to take care of in the afternoon. Though I hope to get out for a few hours in the morning.

Have fun out there.
One of these days I'm going to see that new bike of yours! You can't avoid me for everrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Try to schedule us up for 5/10 then :D

·
Registered
440 Posts
A little apres-ride thirst quenching, anybody?

Around the World in 80 Beers: International Beer Tasting
O'Neill's Irish Pub San Francisco (San Francisco, CA)
Saturday, May. 3 @ 4:00pm
Full Price: $30.00 Our Price: $15.00
Rating:

It's a beer-lover's extravaganza, with up to 80 extraordinary beers from around the world. This will be a unique opportunity for you to discover new and exotic beers and compare them to your usual favorites. A variety of appetizers will accompany the beers.

(from www.goldstar.com) - cool site, sends daily email of events & discounts...

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Jaman said:
A little apres-ride thirst quenching, anybody?

Around the World in 80 Beers: International Beer Tasting
O'Neill's Irish Pub San Francisco (San Francisco, CA)
Saturday, May. 3 @ 4:00pm
Full Price: $30.00 Our Price: $15.00
Rating:

It's a beer-lover's extravaganza, with up to 80 extraordinary beers from around the world. This will be a unique opportunity for you to discover new and exotic beers and compare them to your usual favorites. A variety of appetizers will accompany the beers.

(from www.goldstar.com) - cool site, sends daily email of events & discounts...
Sounds cool - I'm in! Just for the record, I never drank beer until I joined the DML... now, a beer tastes really GOOOOOD after a long ride... WHAT Is Happening To Me???
:eek:

·
Registered
518 Posts
CADUCMAN said:
Where is that? Fairfield?

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
TCK! said:
One of these days I'm going to see that new bike of yours! You can't avoid me for everrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Try to schedule us up for 5/10 then :D
River rafting and camping next weekend...going to get in touch with nature again.

I'm in for 17th/18th weekend.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
sidrock said:
River rafting and camping next weekend...going to get in touch with nature again.

I'm in for 17th/18th weekend.
Oh holding out until there's a Southbay ride again... I see how it is... :)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts