Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the site and live in the Norfolk, VA area (Chesapeake to be exact). Long time rider, just new to Ducati and I'm looking for other riders in the area. I'm OK to take a journey and meet for a ride. Please let me know if you are near and would like to meet for a ride. If you already have an established ride and have have room for one more, please let me know. -- Dave

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm moving to Newport News next week (It's gonna take me a while to get there in a 1957 Ford pickup). Hopefully I'll be buying a new bike when I get out there (have to see what the budget is, just bought a house). I know a couple of other riders out there already.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great! Drop me a line when you get settled. I saw a red Monster leaving the Naval Station today but I was in my truck and couldn't track the guy down. I've seen couple of Ducs around but just can't seem to hook up with anybody.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Cool, I know I'm going to miss my riding buddies out here, so it will be good to make some new ones. Seems like a lot of Hampton Road folks are big on Track Days down at VIR. I'm looking forward to that. I'm getting stationed at Norfolk Naval Station also.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Navy - 15 years and counting. Tough to find time to ride because I've been gone for two summers in a row. It will be nice to have some time this year to ride and enjoy the new bike.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Dhillr said:
Navy - 15 years and counting. Tough to find time to ride because I've been gone for two summers in a row. It will be nice to have some time this year to ride and enjoy the new bike.
When does the weather get descent enough for riding? I've heard some guys ride all year except when there is ice, but I imagine that's a small hardcore contingent and not the norm.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Von Evil said:
Seems like a lot of Hampton Road folks are big on Track Days down at VIR.
well...unless you want to really get out of the area....the only twisties as it were are Pongo....and whatta joke that is....VIR on the other hand is a beautiful facility and a great track in almost any of it's varying configurations!

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Von Evil said:
When does the weather get descent enough for riding? I've heard some guys ride all year except when there is ice, but I imagine that's a small hardcore contingent and not the norm.
small contigent my arse!......well...maybe in Norfolk....but up north about an hour and a half there's lotsa riders for as much as the temps and so forth permit....gear is the number 1 limiting factor though!

·
Registered
6 Posts
zooom said:
small contigent my arse!......well...maybe in Norfolk....but up north about an hour and a half there's lotsa riders for as much as the temps and so forth permit....gear is the number 1 limiting factor though!
[thumbsup] Cool, I have friends here that won't ride in temps below 50! But most So Cal riders don't have winter riding gear as it would sit in the closet 11/12ths of the year :)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As long as it's not wet, I'm game for temps into the low 40's. It's all about layers and wind-proof gear. I was out today and seen 10 or 12 other bikes. I steer clear of the interstates and just soak up the engine heat while sitting at stoplights.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Dhillr said:
and just soak up the engine heat while sitting at stoplights.
HIGH MOUNT PIPES!....and you can reach back and hold the pipe right before the can and warm the hands with the quickness!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Dhillr said:
Navy - 8 years and counting. Prepping for the Jan exam... Did 5 years at NOB. Now, NCIS in DC.

I got a buddy who works out at Oceana and Dam Neck who regularly sees a couple Ducs around base. Knows one of them. But, it's either an SS or SB.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts