Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recentley purchased a 97 monster 750 for my little hobby away from the rest of the world. i am new to ducati's, and am waiting for a factory manul to come in the mail this next week. i purchased the bike without the gas tank lines hooked up and was wondering what the three nipples connect to, in order or direction from the top if the two nipples down to the closst one to the seat. ??? i tried to use the search engine, but was unsuccessful in finding anything that was helpfull. thanx in advance [thumbsup]

·
Registered
555 Posts
here is an easy way to figure out your plumbing.

One of the "nipples" is for your fuel tank overflow/drain (mostly to keep water out of your tank)
this will be the smallest in size, if you blow air up through this line it should come out under the gas cap (open the cap so you can pinpoint the location) on the left side. It is a recessed drain.

the second line is for the charcoal canister (california emmisions), if you still are so equiped still. this line runs to a black cylinder back by your shock.
To play connect the "nipple" blow air up through the larger size "nipple" (I belive the one next closest to the drain), air should be coming out again under the gas cap (yep keep the cap open still) closest to the seat through a black rubber "nipple". if there is not any air ,try the other large "nipple"

The last line should be close to the right side of the tank in a low spot, if the other two lines work out right you know where to put the fuel line.

one thing to be aware of is that sometimes the lines are not corrected properly at the fuel cap (mostly owner induced) as long as the drain and charcoal canister line go overboard it matters little.

hope this helps
cheers

·
Registered
665 Posts
You just like typing "nipple" alot. LOL [cheeky]

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i just got a manual in the mail today when i got home...hooray. and yes the p.o. did reverse some lines now that i know a little more about the way that they are supposed to be ran. thanx for the help ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.