Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I just got back from a 3 week motorcycle tour of northern Vietnam and found myself obsessing about when I'll get to ride again. I've got a feeling this maybe the first stages of a lifelong sickness.

The real reason I'm here though is to get some educated advise. I don't know a whole lot about bikes but there is one bike in particular that I can't get out of my head:

2007 Ducati Monster S4R for sale, one mature owner, 130HP Testastreta engine,super fast, 20750km, service done by Ducati dealer, bike is mint with a lot of nice goodies on it. (Termignoni GP style pipe$1000, carbonfibre rear fender and hugger$750,dual headlight$ 200, frame sliders$ 150 etc.)New Pirelli Corsa III tires.Just inspected. Spring is here.
Selling bike with all mods + all stock parts.

Asking: $ 10,995

I'll have to have it shipped, which will cost me at least 1000.00. That being said I can't seem to justify to myself spending 11000 grand for a bike with over 20 000km on it, but I love the bike. What do you think a good price would be for the bike? Thanks for the help guys!

Dougie

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was looking into a new Ducati but for some reason I like the 2007 and older style better. They seem to have more of a classic look. I live in Alberta Canada and the other bike is being sold in Halifax, NS, more than 5000km away. No that's not the same bike but it looks almost identical! If you happen to talk to the owner tell him I am very interested in that bike. Idaho is only 1500km from me so that should bring down the shipping costs a ton. That's awesome! Thanks for the advise guys, very helpful indeed!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
by the way, that makes me think that the guy selling the S4R with 20 000K on it is way over priced. No?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He wants $10995.00 CND and it has 21000 KM on it. I'm not 100% sure but that to me doesn't seem like a good deal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am new to the site as well because tomorrowI will test ride a 04 s4r with 11000 miles and the classic dent in the tank. they are asking for 6500.00 but im thinking to offer 5500.00 plus tax.

The bike has the red key and has the 12000 mile service done at 11000.

do you think that is a good price? what should I look for.

Thanks in advance for your help and sorry to spoile the thread here.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm new as well. I had an 04' S4R and it was a great bike, but if it was me I would look into a new 1100 for that much $.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts