Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy from Pasadena, MD yall,

I ride an '06 Softail Deuce that I love to cruise on but don't like to push too fast. I've had an itch for years that I just gotta scratch now. I want a gutsy, nimble, FAST, sporty bike to tear around on for short bursts. I don't care for the whine of the inline fours nor the anonymous, constricted look of jap rockets. I've always loved the distinctive look and agressive sound of Monsters though! I've begun my shopping and will hopefully land one by the close of the summer.

I'm buying used, hoping to stay in the 5K range.

A question...I really like the S4R but am a little intimidated by the high maintenance required on the desmodronic 4V, yes I've read up on it. There are a few S2R's (1000) for sale locally. Is there much sacrifice in performance in the two valve head? Aside from having half the valves how does that adjustment compare to the 4V?

Thanks for any guidance...ride smiling!

-BunnMan

·
Registered
67 Posts
Howdy Pasadena, MD

The difference from the 4v to the 2v is RPM limit. So the s4r is faster than the s2r off the line but you will have just as much fun with the s2r they handle the corners the same. It's all in the experience of the rider and trusting your tires.

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
S4RS horsepower- 128
S2R1000- 94

i like the power of the 2V motors
finding a S2R1000 around 5k would be a really good deal

jeff h
monsterparts.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts