Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm now selling the genuine Silca KW17T5 transponder key blanks on ebay. All your red-key problems are solved!

Search on ebay for: Ducati Transponder Key Blank

$59.95 plus $3 shipping. Sure beats $2,000-$3,000 for new gauges and an ECU.

If there's enough interest, I would entertain a group buy here on the DML--at a discounted price. My way of giving back to my fellow Ducatisti for all their help over the years.

Thanks,
Marty
The Shockwave Project

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't have a red key. If my black key stops working, how do I get your blank to work (aside from having it cut)? Does somebody (e.g., a Ducati dealer) need to program the blank somehow? If so, how does that work? Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
There are at least a few locksmiths around the USA that have the key blanks and can do this. They need your black key and can both cut it and read the RFID chip inside to duplicate the code...you can make several spare keys. I know that Desmoto in San Francisco has a guy in the city that does it (and Desmoto sells the key blanks; there is also this gentleman: http://www.motorcyclekeys.com/ducatichipkey.html who happens to be in Nor Cal about an hour from San Fran. There are others as well; google "duacti keys".

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Like they say, you get what you pay for. If you want to risk having an inferior Chinese copy as your only backup key, which may not work when you really need it to, by all means, buy the cheap Chinese knock-off. If you want a factory-quality copy on a genuine MADE IN ITALY Silca key blank that will work when you need it to, buy mine.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't have a red key. If my black key stops working, how do I get your blank to work (aside from having it cut)? Does somebody (e.g., a Ducati dealer) need to program the blank somehow? If so, how does that work? Thanks.
Just take your original Ducati black key and my Silca key blank down to your local locksmith. They will cut and clone the key blank from your original key. Now you have two fully functional keys for your beloved Ducati. :)

·
Registered
176 Posts
The ones that the guy sells for 30 bucks in the link ARE genuine Silca KW17T5 keys!
Sorry, I just can't stand those who exploit!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts