Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

now you can use a gasket on that left side engine cover. i hated using the liquid gaskets that either let oil leak or require so much slime that it gets everywhere. ca-cycleworks now has these green, non-asbestos, fiber-based alternator cover gaskets for sale. plenty in stock and limitless rapid production available, too.

i'm so glad that i found a gasket making company near my shop!! and big time thanks to Guy Martin of MBP Ducati for supplying an OEM alternator gasket. btw, somewhere, i read that the area where my shop is, called the Miramar area, accounts for like 10% of all industrial production in California. it's amazing how much industry there is literally within walking distance!

note that those with fuel injected models will need to remeasure their sensor's air gap and reshim accordingly. the gasket is .016" thick and will compress to .010"~.014".

:) chris

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
great product, Chris. i'm not a slime fan myself. any plans for other gaskets, like the right side cover for wet clutches?

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi Howie,

doesn't ducati still manufacture that right side cover gasket? if not, i have an OEM one that i can submit for reproduction. after all, that should be the same for all the ducatis, not just wet clutch...

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
I got a complete gasket set for my 851 from Athena that had an alt cover gasket in it as well. I couldve just let ya have it for that purpose of reproducing I mean.

Ducat just gives you a tube of the Goo now when you need a gasket. Then you have to ask for the appropriate shim for your sensor.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
hi Howie,

doesn't ducati still manufacture that right side cover gasket? if not, i have an OEM one that i can submit for reproduction. after all, that should be the same for all the ducatis, not just wet clutch...

i don't know if Ducati still makes an OEM gasket. i only know my '01 has no gasket.

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Chris,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts