Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Temperature is reasonable again in Amsterdam so took the bike out for a ride around the block. The first ten kilometers when the engine was stil cold the engine would cut out.
I am trying to figure out if it was electrical or the engine still cold. The funny thing was that the engine went dead after left turns (????) Trying to restart didnt work since the electrical buzzing wasnt there, shaked the handlebars around a few times and it came back.........restart.......go........

Anybody here with the same experience or a diagnosis?

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Sounds like the electrical system associated with your fuel pump is not right.

G

·
Sounds like a wiring problem in the cabling to the handlebars.
Check for any tight wires when the bars are turned for left turns. If a wire is chaffing on something and is shorting out, then this could be a problem....try checking the kill switch wires first as this seems the only ones around the front end which would give any problems (ignition key switch shouldn't pose a problem either, but check the wiring from this area as well).
...Simon

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Long shot, but something to check - make sure the wire harness on the sidestand safety switch is secure. I suppose your foot could touch it? Like I said a long shot.

mitt

·
Registered
237 Posts
when i was taking the MSF class, there was a bike with a poorly adjusted throttle cable. everytime the poor guy turned right the bike stalled.

other than that ???

-steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts