Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, just letting you know I no longer have Lola and I'm currently in Chicago but hopefully will be in Pensacola soon! If that didn't clue you in enough I'm in the Navy now, E-3, Airman Loegering (Lolo for everyone here who can't say my last name properly). Going for rescue swimmer and Electronic Air Warfare (anti sub stuff).

I still have Bianca (My 749s) and will be converting her from my racebike back to a street bike when I get a duty station. For now I'm stuck in Chicago because of some stupid medical catch involving a waiver I was supposed to already have but ends up they just took some notes and didn't give me a waiver so now they're trying to kick me out....summed up. I had to give them the bad news that I was staying and eventually they were going to give me a commission and send me to flight school for helos. I think they're coming around to my way of thinking.

Just wanted to say hi since it's been a while and explain for the vast absence of my non-intelligent contributions.

Ciao
Airman Lolo

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
damn dude

I dealt with that in the corps

went in thinking I had a waiver for my knee, found out I didn't just that they had "notes" saying I neded one, spent 18 months playing games

in the end I got a B medical disqualification for "lying" about my medical condition

Good louck to you

They need people right now so hopefully you have a better chance

·
Premium Member
5,487 Posts
I'll spare you my feelings on our military right now, and simply wish you the best of luck. [cheeky] Please be careful out there. [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As of right now it looks like I'm going to be given the option of an Honorable Discharge due to a breach of contract on their part (my waiver comes in tomorrow but I've already seen dht Not recommended e-mails from the board). I should get my GI bill and I'm going to use that towards a BS in Aviation. The hard part will be finding funding for my Commercial Helo license and instrument rating. My GI Bill wont cover the private license but it might cover advanced licenses. Do any of you know anything good places to go for school or information? I'm just getting all my options so I can choose a little better this time.

Thanks for the support and to make sure everyone understands, if I wanted to go in to kill people I would have joined the Marines, I came in the Navy to be a rescue swimmer and fly helos. My girlfriend's mom wasn't very happy when I joined but after explaining everything she softened up to it.

Lolo

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Yerlifeguard said:
As of right now it looks like I'm going to be given the option of an Honorable Discharge due to a breach of contract on their part (my waiver comes in tomorrow but I've already seen dht Not recommended e-mails from the board). I should get my GI bill and I'm going to use that towards a BS in Aviation. The hard part will be finding funding for my Commercial Helo license and instrument rating. My GI Bill wont cover the private license but it might cover advanced licenses. Do any of you know anything good places to go for school or information? I'm just getting all my options so I can choose a little better this time.

Thanks for the support and to make sure everyone understands, if I wanted to go in to kill people I would have joined the Marines, I came in the Navy to be a rescue swimmer and fly helos. My girlfriend's mom wasn't very happy when I joined but after explaining everything she softened up to it.

Lolo
Glad to hear you're getting things resolved. If you can find a way to swing it, I'd say Embry-Riddle university. Might as well start with the best!

·
Registered
602 Posts
If you want to fly helo's don't go to riddle. They only provide fixed wing training. If you are interested in fixed wing ( which you should be as a helo in nothing but a bunch of spare parts flying around in loose formation ) look into a school called allatps. their web site is www.allatps.com
i don't know much about the helo aspect of flight training but i think there is a school in concord ca. also look into UND, they have a rotc program that runs with their helo program for army pilots.
i've been in proffessional aviation for almost 10 years now so if there are any questions you have i will try to answer them for you.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
ghostrider said:
If you want to fly helo's don't go to riddle. They only provide fixed wing training. If you are interested in fixed wing ( which you should be as a helo in nothing but a bunch of spare parts flying around in loose formation ) look into a school called allatps. their web site is www.allatps.com
i don't know much about the helo aspect of flight training but i think there is a school in concord ca. also look into UND, they have a rotc program that runs with their helo program for army pilots.
i've been in proffessional aviation for almost 10 years now so if there are any questions you have i will try to answer them for you.
Glad you chimed in on that, gr. I figured you'd be the expert. And yeah, helicopters don't fly...they just beat the air into submission ;D

·
Registered
602 Posts
well they vibrate so bad the earth rejects them.

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yea, I get that a lot about helos. Read murphy's laws of combat if you get a chance, he has a whole section on the most unsafe machines ever built...

I was looking at ER's site and noticed they didn't mention rotary, there's a place in Fresno that does a full commercial program for $50k including lodging (sharing a room in an apartament with someone but it's better than sharing with 270 guys or hot racking...) so I'm looking into that. I've just got to find out how much of that my GI Bill will cost and if I get my GI Bill if I pay off the fee. I'm thinking of using my MGIB for the BS and making money to fund the license. Thanks for the info on allatps, I think this is called Cutting Edge, I've got it sent in a myspace message to myself a while ago.

·
Registered
602 Posts
i have never heard of a school in fresno. best advice, see how long they have been in business. alot of flight schools have a history of taking your money and then closing the doors. see if you can pay in installments or pay as you go. any question let me know and i'll try to help.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts