Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this years (lack of) a Monster Challenge isn't new info. But our local club pres just forwarded on info sent by DNA

From this Duacti.com page

"The Cycle World International Motorcycle Shows have initiated their own custom bike showcase and we encourage Ducatisti across the country to enter their custom Ducatis. The shows will feature two custom bike displays: the Big Twin Customs showcase and the Sportbike Customs showcase. We're confident that Ducati owners will use this opportunity to demonstrate how bike customization should be done.

Information forwarded from the IMS is posted below and further information can be found here."

Guess things are looking pretty grim for a proper monster challenge this year.

On a realated note, one of our other locals is setting about to organize a letter campaign to DNA in order to resurrect the MC.

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
yuu said:
On a realated note, one of our other locals is setting about to organize a letter campaign to DNA in order to resurrect the MC.
unless he has some mystical way to get people to actually participate, good luck with that. the monster challenge was a HUUUUGE expense for DNA. the IMS floorspace alone made it cost prohibitive.

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
They can hold it at my place next year...free of charge ;)

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Ya, it's not quit the Monster Challenge. :-\

Here's pictures from the Phoenix IM Show.
http://www.azduc.com/gallery28.tpl

[*] One turbocharged chromed out Ducati Monster (mine)
[*] One Hyosung (South Korean I think. It still with the factory stickers on it)
[*] One Kawasaki ZX14 (built by a shop in Florida for Kawasaki. I think it's going to all the shows)
[*] Two Honda's
[*] Five Hayabusa's with extended swingarms and high dollar paint jobs (all from the same local shop)

I had the most chrome, the only bike with engine work done and the only bike with custom one-off parts on it. So of course I lost. [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

...It was probably because or the used tires I had on the bike (I road it to the show). :p

The "Sportbike Customs showcase" isn't really a contest. No prizes, rules, judging, etc. (even less structure then the first Monster Challenge), just a show filler for CycleWorld.

If you want to show of your bike it's a great opportunity. Hopefully they'll wave the $100 entry fee at all the shows, like they did in Phoenix.

I say enter. Show people there's more to Customized Sportbikes then rice burners!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Thanks for the pics. I plan on taking mine to Atlanta in Feb.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.