Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,326 Posts
congrats.. [clap] where in NJ? if northern near NYC be sure to stop by the local board NYMMC

now to your questions:

1. I have the same bike as you, mine thunks loudly as well, if you don't revv the engine it won't thunk as loudly.

2. maintenance.... so the big question is... did the previous owner already have the 12,000mi maintenance done?... if not the future is NOW. My guess is the previous owner didn't otherwise you wouldn't be asking about this. The 12,000mi maintenance involves having the valves checked, belts changed, oil changed, oil filter, fuel filter, check secondary oil filter, synchronize throttle bodies, checking cylinder compression, check and flush brake and clutch fluids, check tires, possibly chain and sprockets, brake pads, fork oil, battery checked, all nuts and bolts checked.... you're looking at around $600 plus parts at a dealer.

congrats again... see you on the road
enjoy your new toy and welcome to the addiction. [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
2,326 Posts
Mastashake57 said:
And to answer the other question, yes, the previous owner did the 12,000 tune up. Belts, oil and oil related items, fluids and such at the Ducati dealer here, Jack Trebour Ducati Dealership.
Los,

In that case what I would do if I were you is take a ride over to Jack Trebours one day and stop in and meet "Country" Joe I believe he is the service manager there now... go talk to him and he'll let you know all you need to know. Yes the bike needs maintenance every 6,000 miles, and oil changes in between there and such. You can find everything you need to know here on the DML, but I would also take the opportunity to establish a relationship with your dealer there as Joe is one of the best! [thumbsup]

So I suggest you: 1. look through the FAQs section here on DML 2. go meet Joe and all should be good! It's a great bike! [thumbsup]

Oh and dont forget to post a pic!

-michelle

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.