Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey...I am putting on a K&N crankcase breather filter when I remove the rest of my emmisions..

I wanted to put on a Nichols Crankcase breather to limit Oil Sludge Blowout...will the Nichols piece fit a '99 M750?

Everywhere I look, i see that the Nichols Breather will fit "late model" ducatis....

Hmmmm...if any one has fit one on a '99 M750, i would like to know!

thanks.

S

·
0 Posts
it'll fit. the only issue is scrunching your hands in there to install it. i bought one pretty early on to install on my s4 but just couldn't get at the stock unit. i dunno if i've got ape-hands or what, but there was no way to easily do it so it sat on a shelf for quite a bit.
for an install-tip, get your bike to this state and you'll have plenty of room:
http://www.ducatipipemod.com/s4/pics/teardown/IMG_0165.JPG

hahahahah!!!

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it'll fit. the only issue is scrunching your hands in there to install it. i bought one pretty early on to install on my s4 but just couldn't get at the stock unit. i dunno if i've got ape-hands or what, but there was no way to easily do it so it sat on a shelf for quite a bit.
for an install-tip, get your bike to this state and you'll have plenty of room:
http://www.ducatipipemod.com/s4/pics/teardown/IMG_0165.JPG

hahahahah!!!

really?..a pain to install huh..
well by the looks of things....you have got to much time on your hands...LOL.....heh

actually i would love to do that to my engine...just dont have the time or the need right now...maybe next winter when the bike is down and out for the season...

later

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
The hardest part is getting the old one off. Put a screwdriver tip in one of the holes around the base. Tap it counter clockwise, it should loosen right up. I had an STM and it did not have a gasket, so I laid a very light bead of silicone sealant around the base. Let it dry 24 hours before starting engine. You will not get anymore of the oilmisting at back of engine. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
I re-used the crush washer that had been under my original breather valve. No worries (yet). Only about 2k miles on the new unit (a VeeTwo piece).

·
Registered
96 Posts
The K&N breather was a snack to install. Just get one of those. I got mine from TPO as it came in a kit with the airbox plug included. Nice touch.

·
Registered
96 Posts
That's the cut-down pic. These new 6Megapixel cameras really take *BIG* pics. ;D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts