Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This mod came out nicely... thought I'd share. I hate the fork reflectors but still wanted the saftey feature. I removed the reflectors from the forks then carefully removed the amber reflector part from black plastic mounting piece. I sanded off the edge lip to make reflectors thinner and cut them in half. I removed the carbon radator guards and glued the reflectors behind the radator guard cutouts. I finally replaced the radiator guards with rubber gaskets as spacers to accomidate the thickness of the reflectors. The bike looks much cleaner but still has the reflector saftey feature... they look like they designed that way. See attached pic. - MBengel

http://www.ducatimonster.org/cgi-bi..._Board_pics&image=S4r_reflectors.JPG&img=&tt=

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
I'm impressed. Very nice job of adding safety without taking away from aesthetics.

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
Very Nice!!

·
Registered
838 Posts
Reflective tape can be bought at almost any auto parts store. It will do the same but be much easier to do. Great idea. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
brilliant. what did you do about the epoxy stuck to the
fork legs? took me a couple of hours last night with
a bottle of methyl ethyl ketone and a toothpick to
get that crap off ... probably suffered permanent
liver and (additional) brain damage.

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
I didn't have any problems with goo on the forks when I removed my reflectors. There were a couple little spots, but a few minutes with Goo Gone and it looked brand new.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts