Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CLICK HERE TO CHECK IT OUT

Yes yes... yet another ebay scam. I just thought it was a pretty sick monster and thought you all might like to see the pictures. Maybe the real owner's a lurker here???

T

·
0 Posts
Umm... I wasn't aware that the Corse airbrushed tank is carbon fibre...

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
It's a bullsh!t ad.

A) That's not an '03 Monster, it's an early style frame.

B) Curious that it doesn't say the displacement (900).

C) Shows the seller as regeistered in Germany. That picture has three pickup trucks and a van in the background. If that picture was taken in Germany, I'll eat my shoe. Furhermore, the other Monster doesn't have a euro-size plate on it.

As merely a photo of a very nice Monster, absolutely. I'm pretty sure that is a carbon tank, it has no flange seam on the lower edge; look at the other Monster's tank or your own tank, you'll see the difference. Nicely accessorized, bet it's a blast to ride.

·
Banned
551 Posts
3 Trucks, A big ol Van (not a citroen or a fiat) and the carbon canister on the red monster. Maybe the guy just moved to Germany and brought the bike with him and used an old photo to post it for sale. Or not.

·
Registered
31 Posts
... so how do you know it's a scam? They just take the money and run?
They're goal is to get your bank info among other things. They hijack an ebay account, change the email address on it, and place the adds for pre-approved bidders only. When you email to get on the preapproved list they then have your email and sell it to spammers. Then they tell you to use a "pre-coordinated" finance/delivery service and bam. I fell for this a while back for a helluva deal on an MH900 (buy it now for $15K) but I stopped in my tracks when I got the "pre-coordinated" finance/delivery service. Hope noone falls for these, but damn...nice bike!

·
Registered
37 Posts
hmm. the red monster in the background has the emissions canister on it. do they have those suckers in europe?

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
They're goal is to get your bank info among other things. They hijack an ebay account, change the email address on it, and place the adds for pre-approved bidders only. When you email to get on the preapproved list they then have your email and sell it to spammers. Then they tell you to use a "pre-coordinated" finance/delivery service and bam. I fell for this a while back for a helluva deal on an MH900 (buy it now for $15K) but I stopped in my tracks when I got the "pre-coordinated" finance/delivery service. Hope noone falls for these, but damn...nice bike!

gotcha... these guys run rampant but eBay doesn't do anything about it?

·
Registered
783 Posts
Has anyone tried to alert ebay. I've gotten more and more spoof emails lately. I always send them along to ebay security, they might want to check into this.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I sent a message about it to eBay's fraud department. Per their privacy policies, they will not notify me of the status of their investigation. We'll just have to wait and see if the ad gets pulled.

·
Registered
346 Posts
The monster in the background has reflectors on the front fork and at the sides of the license plate holder. Bikes in Europe don't (need to) have those.
2003 monsters: 620, 800 and 1000 DS.
This is not a 620 or 800 since it doesn't have the coffin style brake/clutch fluid container but instead has the little round ones. So a 2003 1000 DS? Nope, since a 1000 DS has two spark plugs, one of those goes through the belt cover at the side of the bike. WHich is missing on this bike.
Plus, not the 2003 style frame...

·
Registered
472 Posts
The obviously fake things that stand out to me are the deck in the back ground made of american pine. The cost of export of wood material into europe is so cost prohibitive.

and duh..the 5 gallon bucket...no one but good Ole USA used gallons. don't they use a 10 liter bucker...

HAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

sorry guys I had too...I love the fact that a lot of guys on this board can pick a picture about like Inspector Brown. Amazing...fricken amazing.

D. Smig

S

·
0 Posts
Just checked it and it is now listed as an invalid item. Nice work guys! You may have saved somebody from loosing alot of money.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
way to go!!! maybe we need to keep all the crappy ducati monster items off eBay more often... seems like most of the buyers on eBay who are looking for monster stuff are DML members anyway.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts