Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

NGK equivilent to Champion

10K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  S4_newbie 
#1 ·
Does anyone know the NGK equivilent to a Champion RA6HC?

2003 M1000

#2 ·
My 03 1000sie owners manual says NGK DCPR8E is the correct replacement for the Champion. I just bought a box of the NGK,s because i,m having alot of trouble getting the bike to run on cold mornings,say less than 40 degrees,have not had a chance to put them in yet

#5 ·
Note that NGK DCP family of plugs mostly have a solid lug on the top. IIRC, most 2V ducatis utilize a plug cap that's expecting the small threaded top lug. For this, you want NGK D8EA or DP8EA-9 plug. Avoid the "iridium" EIX plugs, as I think they're not worth the extra $$$. NGK discontinued their VX platinum family of plugs, my to my regret.

:) Chris

#6 ·
hey Cris,just bought a box of ten of the DCPR8E' s and they have the screw on end cap,maybe just luck. It does not matter on my 03 1000 as it has the standard solid plug terminal. just put a set of the NGK's in and the Remus cans a hour ago,hope the Ngk's help the hard cold starting,
Augie

03 1000s

G
#9 ·
Infoage, thanks again. I just swapped plugs today with NKGs like you suggested. WAY CHEAPER than the champion. MY S4 start rright up in the cold now !!!

And Strati, thank you so much for the pics on how to pull my plugs !!

YOU GUYS ROCK !!!

One thing, check this out

Looks like I may be running lean since I put hte Sil High mounts on

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.