Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Paula, Michael or Juan - any news on how Cesar's doing? Hope it is something simple like a bruised muscle or busted rib.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
For anyone who feels like they came in in the middle of this conversation:

Cesar was leading the first of five groups on our ride after visiting Ducati North America. We all made is safely through some rain and wet roads from Cupertino to Alices at the corner of 35 and 84. Cesar was leading the first group down 84 towards the ocean and somehow lost the front end on a turn with a big dirt turnout area on the outside. Apparently it was worse than just a simple lowside, so he was in some pain.

Paul was right behind him and for some reason followed him right off the road. Everybody else got stopped okay and were helping him out.

I was leading group number two about five minutes behind. After stopping for about half a minute and being told that everything was under control, we continued on with the ride. The rest of us had a good time, a nice lunch in Half Moon Bay, and a good run up to Alices after, where we all split up.

Cesar, we hope you're okay and that you heal quickly.

Paul, we also wish you a quick recovery.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Wow! Sorry to hear the news guys. Hope Geezer's alright. Thanks for the reminder Paul.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I just got back from Stanford Hospital where Cesar is recooperating from the body armor testing he was doing.

G

·
Thanks for the updates on Cesar, ya'll. Glad to hear things are doing ok. Cesar if you are reading this get well soon, and look forward to seeing you back on the road
Jimmy aka ScSuthrnr

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
Cesar, so sorry to hear about it. You ARE the point man when someone else is in need, I've seen it multiple times. Hope you get better quick, and fix that beauty!

Paul, same to you, and hope you won't be calling Rich again.

Looks like Juan just pulled another bent lever magic, only this time without Cesar's help. [smiley=waytogo.gif]

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Hopefully we won't have the need for it, but perhaps we should start an annual "MacGuyver" award.

Heal up, Geezer!

Tigre

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Cesar - if you're reading this - STOP and get some rest, OK? Anyway, good wishes from all of us. Looks like your gear did its job.

Paul, glad to hear you're feeling OK, and hope the dinner with the g/f worked out - you don't want to be wincing at the wrong time and all...

Props to the La Honda FD/EMTs. Very pro group. Sadly I think they get a lot of practice with motorcyclists. Just glad they were on scene so quickly.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hey Paul, glad to hear you made it back in one piece!.. ibuprofin does wonders. I'm usually a 600mg nut after a fall!

Here are some more pics of Cesar's asphalt surfing:

http://www.paulakeezer.com/PhotoAlbum/c11l30.html

I do have hires versions of these for anyone that would like to do forensic photography analysis on the aproaches....

Borg Girl

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
I stayed with him till about 6:00p. He was very talkative, and in very good spirits. Definitely bummed about the 900SS, but really seemed to have good perspective on it. Had a real craving for fish-n-chips, but the docs were having none of it. ;-)

Michael Lund and Ceasar's wife Kim were going to go back up to 84 with a truck and trailer to reclaim the 900, assuming it was still there. Haven't heard.

He's definitely going to feel it for a few days (weeks?)...but a good attitude is probably the best medicine for quick recovery! He's got that in spades!

Thanks all for your help, and making it a good day despite it all!

·
Registered
316 Posts
HI ALL!!!!!!!!! I made it home just 30 min. ago.
Two broken ribs, that's it. Hurts like hell. Ahhhh....Morphene.
I can walk around just fine. Sneesing/coughing makes me see stars.
I praise God for the relatively minor injury. 3-6 wk recovery.

Thank you all for standing beside me in this. It is quite a feeling of comradere to ride with you all. I'm glad that the group was able to go on with their ride. That's what I would have wanted.

Please keep another friend of mine in your thoughts. He's ridden with us before on a bmw. Paul Leuty. He went down on Mines road yesterday. 40' over an embankment after sliding on some gravel and hitting a tree. Broke his femur and the ball off the top. He just came out of surjury this morning at SJ Medical Center. I'm thinking of not changing out of my pajamas and going over to see him ;D

Alright. Again, bless you all. I'll keep you posted.
Cesar.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Glad to hear you made it home Cesar!

get better soon. ;)

Juan

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Cesar,

Glad you're ok buddy. Broken ribs are no fun.. just don't caugh, or laugh, or lift heavy stuff...

Paul, also glad you didn't get banged up too bad.

As for the bikes.. well.. (this sounds a little 'cold' if you get attached to machines like I do...) they can be repaired or replaced.

Take care,

Alex

·
Registered
77 Posts
Paul & Cesar,

Glad you're both doing ok - I hope the recovery is shorter than you expect..

·
Registered
316 Posts
Hey Paul-
I feel really bad that you went down also. I in no way felt that you were 'pushing' me in your riding. I was concentrating so much on speed and line under the precarious conditions that I just had to assume that you all were being carefull as well because I had little time to keep looking back as much as I would have liked.
Again, I know how much time, money and effort you have put into your beautiful bike. I'm so sorry to see you hurt physically as well.
Lets get well and make up for it by enjoying an awesome multi-day ride later this year like you want.
Cesar.

Thanks all for the great pictures! It's great to pull them up and show friends and relatives what and how things happened.
And thanks all for the kind thoughts for both Paul and myself.
Cesar.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Okay. So now that we know everyone's okay, I'm just dying to know...

... was there any schwag? ;D

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Everybody got an Eric Bostrom t-shirt...pretty much "giveaway quality". But they also had lottery giveaways off Matrix Revolutions DVDs, Ducati hats, and nice t-shirts. Numbers on either side of mine were called, alas, not mine.

Very interesting to learn about DNA, as well. Interesting perspectives you don't get from print-ads or otherwise.

You fair weather types missed out. ;-)

·
Registered
571 Posts
Cesar,

we have been away all weekend...

Just seen this post. :eek: Hope your ok? :-/

If you or Kim need anything, or you just want someone to come over & make fun of you, just let me know. :p

GET WELL SOON

Dave & Ginger

8)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts