Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gang----Am new to the board and would like to meetyou. I am 70plus and have had MI so am limited in stamina but exercise 5 days week and ride almost every day(50--200miles)-----have been riding sprtbikes and haveowned a 900sssp and 900 monster and an 88F1. now am riding 750 nighthawk and have just bought 98 750 monster--real beauty with carbon high pipes and i have just ordered a sargent seat for it. I live in lecanto florida(near ocala). If anyone lives close yell and if anyone is passing through and needs help or company please call. Bikes is about all i do now and would welcome meeting you. thanks again----ride like you dream,you only have today-----the kingfish

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
Welcome! I'm in the opposite corner of the US, so probably won't run into you... Glad to have you as a member.

Peter

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
hey hey, florida huh? I live in Indiana, but I'm always up for some warm weather. We should have a king fish ride and all the DML can go to FL and stay with king fish. That would be great! Welcome to the board.

C

·
0 Posts
hey hey, florida huh? I live in Indiana, but I'm always up for some warm weather. We should have a king fish ride and all the DML can go to FL and stay with king fish. That would be great! Welcome to the board.
he will never post again... Just the thought...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the warm welcome!!!!!! Come on down--If i dont have room at my place Ill get you a room at te beverly hills (florida) hilton!!!------kingfish

S

·
0 Posts
Florida sounds like an awesome trip... Can always go to Disneyworld again... :D

Sorry, didn't mean Disneyworld, humm... I meant something macho,... like Bush Gardens. Ahh, forget it!

edit: Oh yeah, welcome!

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Welcome kingfish!! Glad to have you!

70+, thats great!! What do they say....

you don't quit riding cause you get old,
you get old cause you quit riding!! ;D

Friends were just in Florida for bike week, we may be coming down in October, planning some rides for the west coast if we come down.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Jesus, God man...70+ with a Ducati??? You said "MI" to me that is "mycardial Infarction" i.e. heart attack. Correct me if i am wrong. forget "say hi" i want to fly to florida to shake your hand amigo. I am inspired...better yet...kinda "misty" like. My jaw is on the ground wondering what i can do for you because when i am 70+ i want to be just like you.

you are my hero!!!!

Not just "welcome to the club", my friend, you are NOW the club.

Welcome kingfish...(AWSOME name by the way)

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
70 !

2 things I want to still be able to do when I'm 70:
- Swing a golf club.
- Swing my leg over a Duc.

Welcome Kingfish!

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts
Re: 70 !

2 things I want to still be able to do when I'm 70:
- Swing a golf club.
- Swing my leg over a Duc.

Welcome Kingfish!
Amen to that brother! Welcome Kingfish, you're the man!

C

·
0 Posts
i can't even do either of those now... well I own a set of golf clubs, but what I do with them wouldn't be considered a golf swing...

and I don't own a duc, yet!

A

·
0 Posts
I remember I went to Ocala, FL for sunshine to escape the Michigan cold. 12/25/1989 we had a white Chrsitmas, no electricity (icy branches brought down the lines) and no water (pipes froze)! We ended up driving back to Michigan that morning and it was warmer there than in FL!

I'm sure you remember that morning KingFish, since you couldn't go out to play shuffle bo.. OOPS! I mean..go for a motorcycle ride! ;)

Do you ever get over to Daytona BikeWeek?

I'll never forget I was wearing jeans, a turtleneck, hockey jersey and jacket on Daytona Beach that year!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Since i grew up in Indiana(Huntington) i know you think of the Ocala area as Florida,but, in reality it is southern Georgia!!! Florida starts a couple hundred miles south! I lived for many years in theFlorida Keys on my sailboat---THATS FLORIDA!!------As for being 70,thats no big feat-----you keep putting one foot in front and one day you wake up and you are there,but, that does not mean you feel in less or want any less or dream in less. The heart attack was bad(ejection fraction 35%) but I knew if he wanted me up there with him that would be ok. I do what i can then rest awhile and go at it again. The tough part of life is living not dying(any dummy can die)----You people living,working,taking care of your little people in this politically correct world------now that is tough!------enuff rantin--I am goin to pick up the DUC (new tires)----ride safe and thanks again for the warm welcome and allowing an old guy to share a part of your world----kingfish

H

·
0 Posts
Welcome to the board! Keep a lookout for the blue haired ladies in Cadilacs, they'll mess up your day. I'm sure you have a lot of practice dodging those bullets.

Can we youngsters call you Gramps? ;)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Going to pick up DUC and ride this week end--getting an ol change on sat. the only ducati mechanic is 50 miles away in bellview,but he is a friend ad good wrench. I will let you know how the bike worked out. Herb----the young women are the dangerous ones(want to put that cage up your behind) --the blue hairs you KNOW what they are going to do!!! Gramps is fine! You all ride safe but RIDE! kingfish

1 - 20 of 24 Posts