Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I,ve finally gone and bought one.After years of admiring from afar, she's a '98 M600.Not really bothered about the lack of power as I have a CCM 640 supermoto for my "mad " rideouts!.Anyway after one day of ownership I have chopped the tail and fitted mini indicators,looks wicked!!Oh yeah and binned the mirrors,but I have a problem.The throttle sticks and does not return,it is very stiff!!.I see that there are two cables coming from the twistgrip and I have read that they are the throttle open and throttle close(!!???) cables.All the other bikes I have owned have had only one cable i.e for opening the throttle, so this set up has me baffled.Anyhow I have checked that the cables are routed properly in the twistgrip and whilst I had it apart I pulled on the throttle open cable and it sprung back correctly,so the problem it would seem is with the close cable.Can anybody help? has this been heard of before?.The bike is still rideable but this is just dulling my enjoyment,still looks great though! I have a load more questions but for now this is top priority thanx in advance for your help.Wayne.

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
I perfer my throttle not to snap back so I mount my bar end mirrors to cause friction on the end of the grip. Is your grip binding on anything? My S4 only has a single cable but my wife's M750 has to dual setup. Seems they both go to opposite sides of the same pulley so if the 'on' cable snaps back ok check for friction or a bend/crimp in the cables.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx Bartman,the throttle is not binding on anything,and with you saying that both cables go to the same pulley I'm thinking do I need the close cable cos thats the one thats sticking?.Also think of the weight I'llsave with one less cable!!.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts