Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to get clip ons for my 2000 900, but i dont really know what im getting into. On my SV650 i had to replace the bar with some weird "z" bent bars. I have seen clip ons for the monster though. Whats the deal?

Thanks 1000000x!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: newbie q:

These are DP's above on a 900......the 900 is a little funny
fitting clip ons......either the triple clamp gets in the way of the risers or the headlight bits get in the way. So you need to be a little careful about which way you go....I tried getting Vortex clip ons to fit under and I could only get them to work above the triple like the DP's for the above reasons. And even above they had limited clearance problems but they did not have risers and felt really good, but I did not like the look and finally opted for cycle cat clip ons and triple clamp.
The easiest install is above the triple clamp. But you are also
lowering the front end this way (generally). As you can see in the photo. This set up worked for me and the vortex had a deeper clamp which dropped the front even a little more, and although it was still stable for me I would have preferred to not lose the ground clearance.
I like the looks of the previous post photo. no risers and relatively small profile clamp.
Otherwise Rizoma make a set that clips on to the stock triple really simply and uses the holes left from the stock bar clamp.
It seems that all the options I have tried do not require buying longer lines for anything, but there may be a pair out there that does.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: newbie q:

I have cycle cat on my 996 and they are incredible, the adjustability options are endless. The price is high but you truly get what you pay for.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts