Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Just bought a ducati monster m-900. I have a few quick questions.

I need a valve adjustment any recommendations other then Desmoto.

I need side mirrors any recommendation, i just have one rectangular one on left side.

Thanks all

S

·
0 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Nichols is great, but if you're in SF (or nearby) the other options are Munroe Motors on Valencia St. or Ducati, Triumph, Yamaha of Marin in San Rafael. There are also shops in Hayward and Sunnyvale (?) but I haven't heard much, or much good, about them. Another choice is Dee's repair - she posts on Craigslist, but again, no FHE on the quality of work.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Why not Desmoto?
They've treated me very well, and don't charge an arm and a leg like Munroe.

·
Registered
684 Posts
If you're in the northbay you could try Moto Meccanica in Santa Rosa.

Gotta echo Daffe on the Monstrack mirrors. I just got a pair as a Christmas gift. They're very cool ;D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi all,
Thanks for all the suggestions. This is great :)

i think i will probably opt fro Desmoto on repairs. Nichols is a bit far away for me.

After some research I am thinking of buying my mirrors from Monstrack. They look cool and have good reviews. I am not sure about long or short, any ideas, I could go down and check them out in Hayward.

Lastly, my 95 m-900 seems to sputter in high end revving, I would assume it should have more in the top end. i am used to 4-cylinder 4 valve water cooled Yamas. I love the torque on this, just wondering if I need some carb adjustment. low end torque is great. Am I being a complete moron?

Thanks

·
Registered
684 Posts
did you get the long arm or short arm version?
I got the long. Is that what you have?

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Lastly, my 95 m-900 seems to sputter in high end revving, I would assume it should have more in the top end. i am used to 4-cylinder 4 valve water cooled Yamas. I love the torque on this, just wondering if I need some carb adjustment. low end torque is great.
The power normally just drops off after about 8500 rpms, but it shouldn't sputter. My 97 M900 pulled cleanly past 9000. For full throttle high rpm running, the only thing you can do is modify the jetting.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I've got the short ones and flipped the mirrors.... long edge is on top
Sweet! ;D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts