Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to introduce myself to the SF community (born/raised). I recently bought an 05' S2R and am completely stoked on it. I 've been riding dirt for 3 years and finally made the transition. I didn't realize the tremendous following duc owners have for their ducs until right after I bought the bike and lucky for for me because so far I've learned boat loads of info just by checking all the old blog posts....so thanks [thumbsup]. Great to know so many others out there appreciate the sex appeal this bike's got.

I'm currently looking to beef up the exhuast and ecu so if anyone has any local input as to who to go to I'm all ears :eek:. Oh yeah I also managed to break a rear blinker (oval flexible) so for those who have tailchoped and have a spare blinker lying around I've got ten on it ;D

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
If you're located in SF, I strongly recomment DesmotoSport at 9th and Folsom. http://www.desmotosport.com

They are very nice people. They treat everyone well. They are well-priced. They are knowledgeable. They are reliable. Etc., etc.

I use them for my monster, my 749s (selling), and my new 749R (which will be delivered any day).

I used to use Monroe Motors, and even dropping racing-level money on them, I didn't get anywhere close to the level of treatment that I get from Desmoto. Based on my experiences, I cannot endorse them for anything but parts.

·
Registered
602 Posts
i'll second what tigre had to say and welcome to the gang.......we're mobsters you know :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I brought the s2r w/5xx miles and oddly enough Desmotosport is where I gravitated to for the 600 mile service. After calling around a few places I couldn't believe what I was hearing. One shop told me that they needed to swap my spark plug ($100)[email protected]? My Kawi has well over 100hrs and the plug still has not fowled...got to love the 4stroke. Anyways those guys @ Desmoto are price wise=dope and super honest...two quality you usually don't expect from a repair shop. I'll surely ask them about some pipes, ecu, etc.

No outdoor brew for me tonight...gots to tend to The Fam :angel:, so I'll be boozin @ home >:D.

Oh yeah by the way Tigre, I saw your monster in a bike mag a while back....well done.

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Welcome, welcome! Spare blinker? Funny I broke one of mine too and ended up doing the tail chop and changing out the blinkers. Depends on which one broke off, i may have one lying around...I'll check and let you know.

Welcome again and oh by the way, NICE bike ;D

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Thanks for the compliment. I look forward to meeting you soon. Sorry I'll miss the gathering tonight -- I'm out of town for work right now.

Yeah, my relationship with Desmoto has really brightened my outlook on my overall biking experience. An honest shop that I trust is so valuable and so hard to come by. I had that when I lived in Boston. I used to go to BCM up in Laconia, an hour and a half away, despite the fact I lived less than a mile from the local Ducati dealer.

I also really like the guys at Nichols. They are even cheaper on some of the more basic work, and they're also nice and super-honest. I race with one of their mechanics in AFM and they're good. They are a bit less knowledgeable, so if it's something obscure, I'd definitely recommend Desmoto. If it's a valve adjust or less, you can't go wrong at either place.

415Loke said:
I brought the s2r w/5xx miles and oddly enough Desmotosport is where I gravitated to for the 600 mile service. After calling around a few places I couldn't believe what I was hearing. One shop told me that they needed to swap my spark plug ($100)[email protected]? My Kawi has well over 100hrs and the plug still has not fowled...got to love the 4stroke. Anyways those guys @ Desmoto are price wise=dope and super honest...two quality you usually don't expect from a repair shop. I'll surely ask them about some pipes, ecu, etc.

No outdoor brew for me tonight...gots to tend to The Fam :angel:, so I'll be boozin @ home >:D.

Oh yeah by the way Tigre, I saw your monster in a bike mag a while back....well done.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Another convenient thing about Desmoto is that they share their space with MaxMoto, who is the US distributor for Remus exhausts. So if you like that product, they can likely work out a good deal for you. On the other hand, if you want Termi's, then ignore what I just wrote. [laugh]

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tigre: good to know that I stumbled into the right spot...1st time that's happened [clap]

SLower: I've most been most def eyeing those termi's...I'll probably wait for someone to throw their used set on ebay, dml, or craigslist...but that could be a while. I've thought about Remus but they don't seem as loud as I want....new thread that's probably been covered ;D

S2RGRL: Rt side rear...if you've got it let me know [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
415Loke said:
S2RGRL: Rt side rear...if you've got it let me know [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

Rummaging through my stuff I do have it...lemme know if you are still interested.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.