Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought my first Ducati S2R to add to my stable. Sweet bike. I live in Ripon near Modesto. Always had Yamahas and Suzukis. This is a very interesting motor. Had the bike a week now and only road once. Mines road is still in great shape, and that was my test ride on her. Now to get the suspension done for my big body!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Yay! Welcome. [thumbsup]

Too bad your'r not closer to my neck o' the woods, but you're welcome to come out to Sac for a ride.
I have gone out to Mines a few times, but it makes for a long slab ride.
Yup, the twin will seem a lot different from and inline 4...lots of growl, grunt, and shoulder, and you'll know when you are going fast. Some of the modern jap bikes don't give much sensation of speed.

Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Welcome to the club!

If you make it out toward Monterey, or south San Francisco (Alices Junction/Skyline) give us a shout!

Congrats on the new wheels! [thumbsup]

I've got a long history with GSX-Rs, FZR/YZF's, and VF/CBR's... After I sold my 900SS in the 90's, I missed all the "character" of the Italian twin. After going back to the marque with a 998, I haven't been without one! I loved beating up on the hyper-bikes with the "underpowered" twins. Be careful, they'll grow on you! >:D

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Welcome to the forums.. my parent's live in Oakdale, and I grew up in Ceres. When our Bay Area group does mines road you'll have to meet us at the Junction. I plan to do 108 to Sonora Pass when the weather gets warm, George and I had a blast tearing it up last year.

Welcome again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts