Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading posts here for a few months now and feel it was time to join. Always wanted a Ducati and tried to get one last year, but unfortunately it was not my time. I decided to try again and was a lucking lucking man. I bought my first Ducati 97 750 monster about four months ago. It was a blast, but going back to the dealer regularly I kept looking at the other bikes. Two months later I wanted more, so I did a bit of test riding.

First was a 02 S4 monster - love the power and torque

Second was a 03 1000 monster - good power and torque

Third was a 03 749 - good power and torque, great in turns

Well the S4 won my heart and so I traded the 750 in and took the S4 home. Unfortunately, I had problems with leaking battery and rear shock. Luckily both have been fixed under warranty.

Finally the Question - The rear Shock was replaced with a stock new one. The guy said I should put 600 miles on it before I start to ajust it. Does this sound correct?

G

·
that's nonsense. dialing in your suspension's one of the very first things you should do with your bike! with the suspension set properly for your riding style and body weight, you'll have a better idea of what else (if anything) you'll want to do to your bike.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks s4starti, that is what I thought. I will have to talk to someone more informed at the dealer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts