Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I picked up a new battery at Eastside Motorsports the other day. I asked for a Yuasa, and the model number on the box was correct, but the battery says Interstate (or something, I'm at work and don't have the bike today).

Is this normal? Are Yuasa's rebadged and sold by different companies? This is a '94 M900, so just a regular non-sealed battery. So far the thing has worked perfectly, but if I paid for a Yuasa, dammnit I expect a Yuasa to be sold to me. :)

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
I think Yuasa makes M/C batteries for Interstate. I noticed the model# correlation when I was searching for batteries early in the Leaky GS Jihad.

Not Confirmed, just a rumor..........

·
Registered
400 Posts
Is this normal? Are Yuasa's rebadged and sold by different companies?
I don't know if Interstate uses rebadged batteries now but I'm pretty sure they didn't 6 years ago. Back then I bought a battery from them for one of my bikes. They used the Yuasa battery number even back then but the box it came in had Interstate printed on it. The battery was fully charged and topped off when installed. After the first ride I noticed that something had sprayed along the bottom of the final drive unit (shaft drive bike) and upon close inspection discovered it was battery acid. That Interstate battery would dribble while riding so I added a catch tank that I would have to empty every so often. Some years later I installed a Yuasa Yumicron in that same bike and it started a little easier and I never had to empty the catch tank.

If it were me and I paid the big bucks for the Yuasa Yumicron, expecting it to be a Yuasa Yumicron, and it wasn't, I'd demand an exchange or refund. After my above experience, no Interstate battery will ever grace any of my bikes.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for teh feedback guys. Looks like I'll be making a trip down to the shop today. Grrrr....

M

·
0 Posts
Yuasa does make Interstates' batteries. The question is- do you get the same quality battery? And does it have the same warranty?

Q

·
0 Posts
I believe the situation is Interstate makes batteries for Yuasa here in the States.
Beats shipping and Interstate is a good brand.
My employer has 130+ vehicles and uses Interstate exclusively.

M

·
0 Posts
The Yuasa factory in Reading, Pa., the one that says YUASA on the front of the building, makes motorcycle batteries for Interstate.

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
I realize it takes some of the sport out of it, but I suppose someone could call Yuasa and ask them...

Yuasa
1-866-431-4784

Jason A. Wallis
Product Engineering Manager
Yuasa Battery, Inc
2901 Montrose Ave
Laureldale, PA 19605

Phone: 610-929-5781 ex. 124
Fax: 610-929-8653

Q

·
0 Posts
Well I'll be damned.
Reading, Pa.!

Penske down there as well!
And the big pagoda on the hill...and Albright college.
Aaah...spent a wonderful weekend there ;)

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info guys. You are correct. It's just a Yuasa with an Interstate badge.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts