Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was about 53 degrees in Boulder on New Years Day and we went for a nice long ride. What was surprising was that I must have seen 100 other bikes on the road--more than a typical weekend day in the summer !! Really pretty amazing--- spot bikes, cruisers,sport-tourers,etc. Maybe all of the Xmas present bikes ?

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
Yeah, it's been really nice weather for riding. Lots of bikes out too! No riding for me lately though 'cause I've been sick and nursing a sore back though:'( Sucks to be me.

H

·
0 Posts
No such luck, here. Cold and wet. Not cold enough for snow, so skying is out. Buffalo must be going for some kind of "lack of snowfall" record. I think this winter, we're up to 4"!
Even if it warms up, there too much sand on the road o trust your traction. :-/

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
GRRRRRR... It be snow and rain here in the NW. So no riding. Wait a couple of hours though, and who knows...

scooby

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No such luck, here. Cold and wet. Not cold enough for snow, so skying is out. Buffalo must be going for some kind of "lack of snowfall" record. I think this winter, we're up to 4"!
Even if it warms up, there too much sand on the road o trust your traction. :-/
One thing about this area (Boulder/Denver) is that it is f$cking windy , especially Boulder. I hate the wind, but it does blow away a alot of the gravel-- Unfortuantly, the best riding around here is in the mountain canyons which are still pretty gravelly, especially the turns :mad:

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
I used to ride in Colorado; Summit County and a bit down toward Boulder way. So I know all about sand on the roads. However, with the snow we now have here in the NW, I see they have done some sanding too... Have to watch :-/ out!

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Mid to upper 60s and sunny. We rode almost 200 miles. It's gonna be a good year.

Doc

·
Registered
36 Posts
In Birmingham AL it was in the 60s and bikes were out in huge numbers. So were the dogs - crikes they were everywhere and I was the tail bike so they were always warmed up and excited by the time I rolled through.

When we rode past 29 Dreams (Motorcycle-only resort here) there were dozens of bikes in the lot.

Altogether I rode for about four hours yesterday and a few more this morning.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Supposed to be in the 70's here today and tomorrow. I need to work on a bike tonight and try to get on the road.

·
Registered
400 Posts
It was in the mid to upper 50's here today. First ride of the year! ;D It was a short one though. I worked on installing my new clutch slave and a quarter-fairing. Excellent mods! 8)

M

·
0 Posts
Cold and rainy here in the San Francisco Bay Area. Didn't even take the dirt bikes out for the annual New Year's Day Marathon at Sandhill Ranch. I did get to spend a quality day in the (heated) garage tinkering with a couple bikes. My Monster is begging to be ridden! Oh well, here's to a great year of riding ahead!!!

M

·
0 Posts
only put anout 100 miles on new years day, about 60 and sunny here. have ridden all week, had some rain monday and this am. had to get some new tires today. those pirellis were great for the first 2500 miles or so. after that wet traction has suffered alot, as has total corner grip. got pilot roads and all is fine. looking to dao about 300 miles tomorrow, supposed to be 70ish and sunny. just gotta love the south in winter!!!!! happy new year!!!!

M

·
0 Posts
I hate you all!!
The Monster will probably not see the pavement until APRIL
Ohio Sucks!!

·
Registered
400 Posts
I hate you all!!
The Monster will probably not see the pavement until APRIL
Ohio Sucks!!