Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ARIZONA SUPERBIKE plans to kick off the New Year with a great ride! Monday, January 1st, 2007, we plan on riding out to Tortilla Flats! We will meet up at the Coffee Plantation on Mill Ave between 9am and 10am. We’ll then join hundreds of other riders on the trip up to the flats for lunch and other events.

WHEN: Monday January 1st, 2007
MEET UP: 9am at Coffee Plantation. 680 S. Mill Ave. Tempe
LEAVE: 10am
DESTINATION: Tortilla Flats

Also, future ARIZONA SUPERBIKE events will include a bowling night on Saturday, January 20th at 7pm. We will be at the AMF Chandler Lanes at 1900 N. Arizona Ave in Chandler. We will have lanes reserved for us so I need you to RSVP with me no later than Wednesday the 17th so that I can make sure we have enough lanes for everyone

·
Registered
21 Posts
I will be on-call for work but I will try my best to make this one, since I missed the last ride up. That does sound like a perfect way to start 2007 [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
892 Posts
Me too! ;D

And the bowling thing sounds fun too. It's just across the street from my regular Saturday night 12-step meeting.

·
Registered
21 Posts
There ia another ride for the first of the year. Meeting point is the same so this should be a very fun run up TF and it seems like there will be a lot of bikes there [thumbsup]

NEW YEAR RIDES!
Euro Motorsports Scottsdale invites you to participate in an Arizona motorcycle tradition.

The New Years Day Ride to Tortilla flats continues to draw record numbers motorcyclist each year. We've teamed up with our good friend Moto Mike to run (2) TWO distinctly different rides on New Years day that end up at the famed Tortilla Flats destination.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ride One
'First Day' Dual Sport Ride

Monday January 1, 2007 Moto Mike says lets get dirty in the New Year! Try out your new moto goodies Santa left you on the first dual sport ride of the year. Enjoy a brisk ride over Four Peaks and up the Apache Trail to Tortilla Flats. Join in on the moto extravaganza at Tortilla Flats and check out all the euro bikes at this annual event. Dual sport riders will stop for lunch. All dual sport bike brands and riders welcome. This is a rain or shine ride. Rig accordingly. Trails are rated at 2.5 skid plates. Knobbies not required.

Two launch points and times:

9:30 A.M. Depart BMW Motorcycles of Scottsdale parking lot

10:00 A.M. Depart Circle K / Shell on Shea Blvd in Fountain Hills

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ride Two
Euro Sport Ride Monday January 1st 2007

A perfect way to start the new year . . . this ride will start at 9:30am at the Euro Motorsports Scottsdale compound (that's Ducati / Triumph / MV Agusta / BMW Scottsdale for the unfamiliar) and proceed through Fountain Hills, past Saguaro Lake and then on to Tortilla Flats. This is a casual ride not a road race.

All motorcyclists are welcome to participate

9:30 a.m. Depart BMW Motorcycles of Scottsdale parking lot

Please come fueled for both rides and prepared for a day of fun with fellow motorcycle enthusiast.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I'm planning on checking this out...sounds like a big "motorcycle must" event...

·
Registered
975 Posts
Yeah, how about a DML group to head over to check out the AZSBK group, and don't forget to say hi to the Ducati Scottsdale folks and wave at the Southwest Rides guys & gals! I'm not sure how or when I'm getting there, but the crowd at the destination sounds like what it's all about with this one.

I have to admit that I am afraid the roads might be a little sketchy due to the quatity of bikes and different groups, but they may be OK for those same reasons - too much traffic to go fast.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Cool - If you do that you could haul me out there with my electric bike - Now that would trip people out, I'll tell them I rode it there and am just hoping I have enough juice to get home!

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Dietrich said:
Cool - If you do that you could haul me out there with my electric bike - Now that would trip people out, I'll tell them I rode it there and am just hoping I have enough juice to get home!
I'd let you hang on to the trailer on the way back...should be good times [thumbsup]

·
Registered
975 Posts
Anyone want to meet up for some coffee near North Phoenix/Scottsdale for some coffee on the way over?

Nevermind, just noticed the meeting place is at Coffee Plantation. Well if anyone wants to ride out there together let me know, or I could swing by if you are on the way from north Phoenix.

It's supposed to be in the upper 30's for the low temps this weekend, so I for one could stand a hot cup of joe before the trek out there. Also, I'm not sure if I'll be fighting the crowds to eat at the restaurant, so might grab a bite before.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dietrich,

Which way are you heading down? 51, 101?? I hear ya, going to be a bit brisk in the AM.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Randimus Maximus
I think I'm going to borrow a truck and a really big trailer and head up there.

Really f everything up for everyone

Any Maximus rolling road blocks will be dealt with in the usual manner, Vaporization!

Don't forget, TTL is mine! Posers beware (you know who you are).

·
Registered
975 Posts
LQQKR said:
Dietrich,

Which way are you heading down? 51, 101?? I hear ya, going to be a bit brisk in the AM.
LQQKR - I am at 32nd St & Thunderbird, so I usually take the 51. The 101 isn't far either if that's easier. Looks like meeting on Mill Ave would be fun, just need to get there early enough for some coffee and a (insert Italian pastry here). Let me know if you want to meet up, could take the 51 to the 202 to Mill.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dietrich said:
LQQKR - I am at 32nd St & Thunderbird, so I usually take the 51. The 101 isn't far either if that's easier. Looks like meeting on Mill Ave would be fun, just need to get there early enough for some coffee and a (insert Italian pastry here). Let me know if you want to meet up, could take the 51 to the 202 to Mill.
Dietrich,

Are you looking to get coffee before meeting at the coffee place? I'm in Gilbert and can meet you somewhere near 101 & 202 if your up for it.

·
Registered
975 Posts
LQQKR - We're about equa-distantly apart in opposite directions from Mill Ave! :) I'll probably just head straight there and try and get coffee at the Coffee Plantation. I'll have to see how early they open on New Year's day... The meet-up starts at 9, and we don't leave until 10:00, so that should be plenty of time.

EDIT: Just found out they open at 6:00am New Year's day.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
All right. I'll meet you there. And please, call me Anthony. Rise safe.... [thumbsup]

·
Registered
21 Posts
BECK said:
Damn right count me and Steve in...
If you and Steve meet up at my house around 8:15 you can ride with us when we head over around 8:30 [thumbsup]

This seems like it will be a nice run and good turn out and perfect way to Start 2007!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts