Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

Do your turn signals make a clicking noise when they are on?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering because i'm curious why i did not need resistors to slow down the flash rate with led lights in both front and back.
my theory is that there is no flasher unit in the newer bikes and the blink rate is controlled by the ecu.

Please answer with your year and model.

thanks!

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'll be the first...

2006 S2R1000, no flasher sound. led's front and rear that blink normal with no resistors

·
Registered
541 Posts
02 620...another clickless Duc

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
2005 - no click here

There is a solid state flasher (rather than an old fashioned electro-mechanical relay)... I found this out when I went to order the "IC-type 3-pole flasher relay" from CA-Cycleworks and they were nice enough to tell me I didn't need one because the newer Ducs have the built in.

*IC = integrated circuit (a.k.a. solid state)

I didn't need resistors either to run all LED, but do need front and back connected to work ~ otherwise there is not enough resistance. Running full LEDs it does blink a little faster than the stock bulbs but this is a good thing, hopefully get more notice from cagers. Would be even better if they'd make a strobe!

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
kenrok1 said:
2005 - no click here

There is a solid state flasher (rather than an old fashioned electro-mechanical relay)... I found this out when I went to order the "IC-type 3-pole flasher relay" from CA-Cycleworks and they were nice enough to tell me I didn't need one because the newer Ducs have the built in.

*IC = integrated circuit (a.k.a. solid state)

I didn't need resistors either to run all LED, but do need front and back connected to work ~ otherwise there is not enough resistance. Running full LEDs it does blink a little faster than the stock bulbs but this is a good thing, hopefully get more notice from cagers. Would be even better if they'd make a strobe!
that somehwat confirms what i thought, however i'm running all led's and have no fast blink at all.
as a comparison, i have the clear alternatives integrated signal taillight in the rear and shock racing led's in the front. i wonder if the fronts are preloaded to slow the blink rate, i know the rear isn't because it came with resistors, of which i didn't use. if the front are preloaded, it must be pretty slick because there is no evidence or room to hide it.

i wanted to use a "trick flasher" to make blink patterns (ie. three fast blinks and a steady when you brake, or a pattern of three fast and two slow on the turn signals), however i could not figure out how to use it.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I've got the same CA board in the back & Rizoma Zeros in the front. The faster blink is only marginally faster than stock - not that big of a difference.

I suppose it's possible for your fronts might have a higher resistance LEDs (not necessarily a built in resistor) - or if the LED bulbs are internally wired in series they will add resistance (if they are internally wired in parallel the resistance divides).

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
07 695 with CA LED board w/ integrated signals in back. No resisters, no clicky, no fast blink.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts