Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

New Triumph 675

3K views 21 replies 16 participants last post by  Drumonster_Dyami 
#1 ·
Well, I havn't posted in a while, mostly because I sold my M750 and got a Daytona 675.

It's awesome, buy I definitely miss the ducati rumble. I'm secretly wondering if I'll want to trade for an s4r at some point. But the daytona is an amazing bike (only 360 pounds!), and I'm totally satisfied. anyways, hope everyone is well, cheers! -drumonster

See less See more
#2 ·
Daytona is a "sexy as hell" bike. I covet them too (although mine will be charcoal grey), as well as the street trip' (in white). Nice ride.    [thumbsup]

One of the many good things about motorcycles is you don't have to pick one to ride for the rest of your life. What's that they say about variety being spicy?  ;D

#10 ·
sqweak said:
r56 and asado:

out of curiosity, why did you make the switch?
Nothing wrong with the D675, very nimble, fast and agile. Maintenance cost (i logged in almost 7k miles in 6 mos) and mods (price wise and availability) are pretty close with the Japanese counterparts. I had a bad car accident 4 years ago (t-boned by a gas guzzler, lane hogging Escalade) and the outcome was a slight neck problem. That being said, the D675's agressive riding position became evident in long rides (2+ hrs) and my neck wasnt to happy. Its a fun machine but since my riding consists of 70% commuting and 30% leisure, it was a no brainer that the monster suits me perfectly.

As i previously stated, I wished that I could have kept both. Cant go wrong with the D675 but I love Max and wouldnt give him up ;D

#12 ·
Dyami, That is one cool ride. The bike is great and it is kind of like your buying into one of the proudest names in the history of motorcycles. Triumph is keeping the British motorcycle alive.

#13 ·
awesome replies everyone, thanks!!!!! AK, yes, i love it... of course I'm already planning a bunch of mods, ;D heh...

675.net is a great site, but doesn't compare with the DML in my opinion. I'll still be active here cause ya'll are the best :p

Thanks for everything, dyami

#14 ·
Drumonster_Dyami said:
awesome replies everyone, thanks!!!!! AK, yes, i love it... of course I'm already planning a bunch of mods, ;D heh...

675.net is a great site, but doesn't compare with the DML in my opinion. I'll still be active here cause ya'll are the best :p

Thanks for everything, dyami
Im on 675.net as well (I own an 06 Graphite) and you're right.

This place crushes that place ;D

#15 ·
ASADO said:
Nothing wrong with the D675, very nimble, fast and agile. Maintenance cost (i logged in almost 7k miles in 6 mos) and mods (price wise and availability) are pretty close with the Japanese counterparts. I had a bad car accident 4 years ago (t-boned by a gas guzzler, lane hogging Escalade) and the outcome was a slight neck problem. That being said, the D675's agressive riding position became evident in long rides (2+ hrs) and my neck wasnt to happy. Its a fun machine but since my riding consists of 70% commuting and 30% leisure, it was a no brainer that the monster suits me perfectly.

As i previously stated, I wished that I could have kept both. Cant go wrong with the D675 but I love Max and wouldnt give him up ;D

For not disimilar reasons to Asado... I still love the 675, my mate has one and I miss it. Like wise Asado, wish I could have both.

I sent mine sideways down a bit of black top that resulted in a write off. When i was looking for a new bike, i wanted something more upright. As awesome as the seating position is when your going hell for leather, for general commuting is was a bit of a pain.

The decision in getting the Duc was that i didn't want anyting Japanese, my mates had a speed triple and super duke, which really leaves the Monster, Hypermotard and Tuono.

needless to say the monster won. [thumbsup]

#18 ·
Im pretty sure they do, or will be. . .

#19 ·
If I didn't own a Duc, Triumph is second on the list.

Here is a pic of Dayton 675 SE with 11 miles on it. My buddy just bought it and asked me to store it my garage.

I had the honor of driving it home for him, since he was indisposed at the time.

Oh! Temptation is thy Evil Name. I kept it under 6000 RPm to honor his break in period. It was soooooo damn hard!! :mad:

It is a sweet, wicked machine.

I'm looking forward to riding with my bud once he's ready (and getting this damn tempter out of my garage!).

As far as i'm concerned, Triumph's got cred!

J

Attachments

#21 ·
JohnnyDucati66 said:
If I didn't own a Duc, Triumph is second on the list.

Here is a pic of Dayton 675 SE with 11 miles on it. My buddy just bought it and asked me to store it my garage.

I had the honor of driving it home for him, since he was indisposed at the time.

Oh! Temptation is thy Evil Name. I kept it under 6000 RPm to honor his break in period. It was soooooo damn hard!! :mad:

It is a sweet, wicked machine.

I'm looking forward to riding with my bud once he's ready (and getting this damn tempter out of my garage!).

As far as i'm concerned, Triumph's got cred!

J
:D

I love that color (colour) scheme. Reminds me of the JPS colors.
Verrr nice that you get to store it in your garage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.