Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.cyclecat.com/DTC7-1.htm

I wanted to call your attention to this new triple I helped design for you S4 owners. I am really excited by how it looks with the rest of the Cycle Cat stuff many of you already have. We are also working on a new adapter which will allow this triple to work with the 620, 800, 1000 Monster. As well as a flat triple for the new Monster with under triple mounting clipons

·
Registered
294 Posts
Looks good gonna have to get it.

S

·
0 Posts
http://www.cyclecat.com/DTC7-1.htm

As well as a flat triple for the new Monster with under triple mounting clipons
i'll be looking forward to the "flat" version. i'd rather install the clip-ons directly on the fork-tubes than on the triple via brackets.

also, don't suppose you guys are planning on making a version to accept SBK forks along the lines of the DTC-6?

thanks for the update alex!

H

·
0 Posts
How soon will it be available? I'm getting tired of looking at the ugly stocker. Makes my clip-ons look bad!

S

·
0 Posts
Absolutely the flat version of the late model Monster triple will be available in both 50mm and 53mm versions. Let me know directly if you are in a hurry.
no special hurry alex, thanks though. i just lost out on a set of SBK forks with TiN coated tubes (almost got a killer deal) so i'm not in a terrible hurry.

i do have a set of SBK yokes on the way that i'm thinking of experimenting with initially, but i know they have a shorter offset than the monster yokes so steering may get kinda twitchy.
if/when it comes down to it, i may go with a 53mm version of the flat triple from c'cat along with a custom bottom that i'll contact you for ;D

S

·
0 Posts
THANKS FOR THE UPDATE, SO BASICALLY THE NEW TRIPLE WILL BE ABLE TO SIT FROM STOCK HIEGHT AND LOWER IS THIS CORRECT ? ALSO YA'LL NEED TO DO SOMETHING BOUT' THE PRCING THIS IS REALLY EXPENSIVE, I DON'T FORSEE MANY OF US ABLE TO AFFORD THIS NEW TRIPLE NOT NOW AT LEAST.

LEVI
MONSTER 800 03

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Easy on the 'Caps Lock' button there cowboy, no need to shout. ;)

Good parts cost good money....

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
I love the setup of DTC7 & DBR23.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Question: What is the difference between having the clip-ons above and under the top tripple? Is it only to get a lower bar height you would want to go under?

Any advantages or disadvantages that I need to consider?

Thanks!

BTW, I'm glad it finally came out!

S

·
0 Posts
hey
Steelbugin, price wise, I think CycleCat is right on the mark. Think about how much a slab of alum costs. Then you have machining costs/overhead/labor/ then margin. Frankly. I personally can not come that close in price if I were to do it myself. (since alum is expensive in low volume). THen we have the finishing process.

My viewpoint is, CycleCat is the Mercedes of parts. If you don;t feel like skimping on anything, then go for it. For those of you who complain about price, save up or get something else. Personally, i'll keep buying their products for their greta customer service both from Alex and (sorry, forgot hte owners name back in Columbus). Man, I screwed up on a part number, they called, made sure, sent me the right stuff. They have always done right. I ordered some parts from a local dealer, asked to have some items correctedd, they still messed up. Little things like that to me is easily worth the extra price. Not to mention the beauty and quality of their parts.

Ok, I'm getting off my soap box.

·
Registered
447 Posts
No one ever said "I'm sorry I bought the best equipment out there. I wish I bought the second best." Cycle Cat has the best reputation out there and I have NEVER heard anything negative about them. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I put my money where my mouth is, so to speak. I gave them my beloved Monster for the winter as the model for the new triple clamp. Tim, bless him, gave them his new S4R as a model, BEFORE he ever got to ride it. I wouldn't have done that without complete trust in them and belief in their products.

Hey Alex, Hurry up! Its getting warm again! ;D

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
IF you can make a Top Triple for a 2002+ monster to accept 53 MM forks... I'll be first in line to buy... guaranteed.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Man if you would have had this 3 months ago. Oh well, I guess the S4 top tree I used will have to do until I can steal $325 from my wife.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey Alex when are you guys going to start kicking down and sponsor the site? I have asked a few times and Alfred said he is all for it. What happened?
Hi Scott
You will have to talk to Alfred about that. Sorry if my post was out of line I thought CC was already a sponsor.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts