Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone heard of the new race track being built in Slidell? It's called Eagles Canyon Raceway and you can check out their website at www.eaglescanyon.com, you can read more on Roadracing World's website www.roadracingworld.com. I've heard some rumblings about a track being built but heard it would be near Decatur. Lisa, Slidell is almost in your backyard!! Going to open in Spring 2007. How cool is that??!!

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Wow!! :eek: That is too cool! Hopefully there will be some trackdays that we can attend.

Also, I didn't read the whole website....is it bike friendly?

Swanny

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Yeah, this track is going to be the "real-deal" for sure. One of the people that I know through our sports car racing is in charge of getting SCCA-sanctioning/approval for this track. He's talked with the owner/builders and has been out on and around the track as recently as two weeks ago.

It has topography similar to Laguna Seca with Corkscrew-esque corners all over the place... Should be awesome and completely first-rate.

Of course the only real problem with this right now (and in a way, it's an excellent problem to have) is that there are no support-type facilities nearby (like hotels and restaurants) that a race track of this quality will require - will support.

If I were an investor, I'd be looking at McDonald's, Starbucks and/or Holiday Inn franchises to locate nearby... This place is going to ROCK!

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Yep, it's a couple putting this amazing track up. I keep a watch on the progession. The elevation changes looked great last time I checked. They have been trying to get a Formula 1 rating for it but, doesn't look promising. I can't wait to ride that new track. It's kind of exciting like tromping thru a yard full of new snow.

Jen

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
I think the FIA approval is on hold temporarily (I think it was something about the track needing like a bazillion feet of additional run-off area that held up the deal...) but I do remember something about the track being forty feet wide - in most places :eek: so I think F1 or no, all kinds of motorsport are going to find out about this place! I wish 'em the best [thumbsup]

·
Registered
665 Posts
I dont know if my shop is going to close any dates there for trackdays but im sure ill visit the track in the near future... Looks like it's closer than Cresson for me! ;D

·
Registered
665 Posts
Let's have a Sunday Ride out there to see the landscape and if we are lucky walk inside! 8) ;)

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
giannis said:
Let's have a Sunday Ride out there to see the landscape and if we are lucky walk inside! 8) ;)
That sounds like a really cool idea [thumbsup]

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
I don't see why not!

·
Registered
665 Posts
swanny said:
Wow!! :eek: That is too cool! Hopefully there will be some trackdays that we can attend.

Also, I didn't read the whole website....is it bike friendly?

Swanny
Looks like.. they have a couple of MC related Clubs. [thumbsup]

Does anyone know any good roads around or can plan a nice route? I know it's pretty close to Munster so should be some good stuff around!

Jim im going Dirt again i think ill pick up a CRF250/450 or something close to 3K for this spring summer dirt and SM seasson...

Watch out ;D [laugh]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts