Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of making this my next toy, what do you think?
I'm torn between this or waiting for the new 1098.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats what i was thinking too, I'm just not sure i need another street bike. Thats why i was thinking the motard so i can at least have some fun with it. They are claiming it only weighs 262lbs which sounds like soem serious fun to me.
i'm torn man! I just dont want to gamble on the new 1098 just to be let down but what it actually looks like. From soem of the spy shots I've seen, i dont think i'm going to like it, the headlights look too sharp like a Honda and it looks like it may have a bunch of gills/slots on the sides, which i really dont like.

FVCK!

·
Premium Member
1,764 Posts
TWO mag (oct) just did a review on the sxv...

they liked it, but about the only thing you can do with it is go around the block and do stoppies... they complained of a rough ride (>65mph), seat made of cardboard, and digital tach that reads up then back right across the display (?).

it does look like a blast, but justin just sold his moto did he not? why?

id say dont let the cah burn a hole in your pocket... save it for a superbike or an RV to get to deals ;D

dude fill me in on your trailer already..make, $, likes dislikes?

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
bighoss said:
it does look like a blast, but justin just sold his moto did he not? why?
If I lived in an area like Marco it woulda been a lot easier to keep, but I might as well live in the midwest, twisty roads for the most part are all about 45min or more away from where I live, and a supermoto isn't something that likes the slab getting out to the good roads. I'm still tempted to get a Husky 510sm though....Prolly never do it though.

·
Premium Member
1,764 Posts
spankee as much as id like to agree with you i just cant stand these bmw dirt bikes.. they are probably wonderful and comfortable and all that.. but they look like someone just tried to hard. or maybe not hard enough. ::) it reminds me of every other auto manufacture making suvs just for the sake of it. look at the escalade :-X sorry if any off you own one of those but ...ahh dont get me started

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
i think i like the look of the aprilia (italian =pure sex you know ;)), but the bmw one is just very simple and clean looking (the xmoto)

as far as real world price and practicality ... probly the suzuki dr400sm.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Just got back from Hungary. The Aprillia dealer there had a sweet 450 in the show room. I am a big fan. It looked so bad ass. Excellent fit and finish. Lightweight. Decent seat height - " i'm 5'6"". Under seat exhaust was so clean. There is also supposed to be a 500 + cc model as well. I had the DRZ. It was great, just no power and for what it takes to make power. you might as well buy something that allready has it. Plus a v twin super moto. That's just sick. Anyway enjoy a couple of pics from the trip.

Attachments

·
Registered
541 Posts
Wait, as hard as that is to say you have to at least wait to see the 1098......the SVX is one of the best sounding bikes I've ever heard though::chills::

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Okay, to address some comments...
Spankee, no offense, but you would literally have to pay me to ride a BMW, or drive one for that matter. Not that they are bad bikes or cars, i just dont like the styling, weight, performance or price one bit. ;)

As for the new Ducs, I'm just not sure I need another street bike, I would be too tempted to track it and that could get rather costly for a new, untested (for a length of time) model, where as the supermoto I can track at all the kart tracks around here and the cost for a track day is less than half for supermoto than it is for sbk.
Like Justin said, the roads around me are very curvy with alot of rises and falls, trails, unimproved roads, straight up gravel and dirt roads, and a lot of places that a supermoto would be an advantage. I know a group of guys that ride pretty often, none of which even have street legal motos.

So I'm not sure I'm biting on the new 1098 quite yet. They way I see it is they are goosing up the power but skimping on the suspension and brakes to make up for it. Give it a year and all those sweet 999's will be selling for dirt cheap, then I'll pick one up used with low miles, full ohlins and billet brembos.

Besides all that, I love my Monster and dont want to replace it with another street bike.

...so who am I trying to convince again? ?? :)

BTW Paper, I spoke to Mike at Martin Euro for a while today and we had a pretty good conversation about the Aprilia. He says its a bada$$ machine and he highly recommends it, and we both know that he know his sh!t, so I believe him.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
[thumbsup]DO IT, he said and I do agree. congrats on warrior sale [clap]

now there is an empty corner in the garage ;D fill it in ;D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts