Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for everyone who is new we should do a little introduction of ourselves. Maybe it might make us more sociable and decide that we want to hang out in person. I will start: My name is Kim I teach high school art and also take photographs in my spare time. I have a motorcycle book coming out this April with a local writer in which I took all the photographs. I have a 620 Monster and by June will have decided on new pipes. (About time) I have been riding for 3 years and I am totally addicted. I live in South Minneapolis with my sister and two cats in a home I affectionately call the money pit. Currently I am bouncing off those walls and driving everyone in my house stir crazy because I need to ride but cannot (due to inclimate weather). I now really hate %[email protected]##[email protected] SNOW and can't wait until it is gone.
Other hobbies include sailing, gardening and art making.

P.S. I am now a brunette. :eek:

·
Registered
418 Posts
Hey there!! I'm Desmodiva (AKA Nichole). I'm really starting to feel just like a groupie on the board. Been here a while, but still don't have my own bike. Looking forward to possibly getting one this season if I can afford it. So far have been riding pilion with anyone who will let me. Used to ride with LOKI and Retro, but since they aren't here anymore don't know if I'll be getting out that much. I just bought a new house, and moved in this last week. Have been driving everyone nuts that lives with me about getting a bike. Maybe I'll just put their rent checks towards the new bike!!! ;D

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Book is Called " Ride Hard, Ride Smart" I know, I know it sounds like a safe sex book. I didn't pick the title. It will be avalible in April at most book stores. You can order it from Amazon or Barnes and Noble.
Cost will be 25$ I guess.

·
Registered
240 Posts
My name is Matt. I work for a large investment company in downtown Minneapolis and live out in the suburbs. I am unfortunately pretty much a motorcycle novice. I have always thought they were really cool and looked like fun. So now that I in the real world making real money one of my first buys was a bike. However, when I was younger I never really had the time to learn much about them. So I somtimes am intimidated by you all with your knowledge.
I love to doing anything that is even remotely a sport. As long as it is something upbeat and can keep up to my 2 second attention span I will probaly like it.
During riding season I like to ride the bike to my parents lake cabin.
That's me in a short story.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I am not a member of your Ducati club, but, lets say one would like to join up with you guys/gals, how would one do so? I am from Minnesota and I toggle back and forth between Mankato and the Eastern suburbs of the Twin Cities.

·
Registered
74 Posts
hey Dahl_berg if you find a bike this spring we could ride down here in the kato area, there are not to many monsters in this area that i know of. I would also be interested in joining up with you folks up there in minneapolis, i seem to do most of my riding in the eastern part of the state as it is.

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome, Welcome

As for joining up with us, we would love to have you. Since three of our members left us this year and moved to warmer climates, we welcome new riders. Unfortunatley we haven't decided to get together at all over the winter. We are slackers. :) Most of us meet at Bob's Java Hut in Minneapolis on Saturday or Sunday mornings. We ride mostly in Western WI and Southern MN.

I am trying to jump start this board so we are a bit more organized for the start of the riding season.

·
Registered
74 Posts
i would love to get involved with the club, i have owned my monster a year and love it, put 6000 miles last summer which was pretty sweet. i have been trying to find other monster owners but haven't had much luck till this board. i just don't like all those harley type clubs that talk about riding and just worrying about buying accessories. how many people are there so far who ride together. i know dahl_berg will be getting a bike soon so me and him can roll up there and ride. i have also throughout the idea to dahl_berg about starting a hooligan bike club in minnesota, could probably get some more interest from other bikers.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hello boys and girls. For those who don't know me already Im Locke (brandon is usually used in the bedroom) I have a 2002 monster dark 900i.e. that is the rutin-est tutin-est most ass kickingest bike in these here parts. Im an art student at the university of minnesota with a focus in photography and cute art girls. I have been riding since I was sixteen, when i piloted a honda cb750 for a year straight with no prior experience and still wonder how i am still alive. seriously, it weighed three times as much as i did. Anyways, for all the new comers, I know its a little much at first, but everyone on here is really cool. Just get yourself noticed by doing some posts and remember.....you determine your own level of involvment in project mahem.

p.s. still trying to sell my 01 650 monster. Its a direct import from italy and im looking for around 4000 for it. Its mint and you know you want it. Private message me if your interested.

M

·
0 Posts
hello, my name is kirk. i live in northeast minneapolis with my wife and 3 children. ive been riding streetbikes for 4 years.growing up,my dad always had dirtbikes for us mess around on but i never thought about a streetbike. until one day i heared the sound of a monster and that hooked me. after several years of riding a yamaha fzr600 i finally bought my 03 m620 in june. i work at a cafe in linden hills and rode the monster there everyday. im looking forward to this summer and riding with other duc owners.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Hi, I'm Hanns and I'm a freak! ;) I work at Ground Zero in NE Mpls and bought my Monster last fall from a friend who used to work at GZ and now works at Motoprimo. Before buying my Monster I really hadn't done any motorcycle riding for about 10 years back when I was in the Army. I've been reading up on tweaks and mods for the bike and hope to get them all finished before riding season rolls around. It'll be fun to ride with a bunch of you crazy hooligans when the snow melts and the Monsters rumble! Cheers,
Hanns

·
Registered
243 Posts
Hey my post name is Dents (not because I put any in the monster) but my real name is Conor. I live over in highland park and I'm really excited to make some new moto friends. (I had to leave the rest in Wisconsin.) I've been looking at Monsters for 3 yrs before I could kind of afford to buy one. (I bought mine with student loan money!) Anyways I've only had it for a year and riding in the city isn't what I'm looking for. Looking forward to riding with some people who know where the good routes are. I'm very impressed with the type of people who are members of this club. Last summer I was stranded on the side of I94 on my bike and some guy going the opposite way on a yellow monster made a 10 min detour to make sure I was ok. He said "Couldn't ignore a a guy with a Monster stranded on the road without stopping." He then told me about this web site and invited me to Bob's. I didn't know where it was though! Thanks a lot for stopping and I hope I find out who you are.

R

·
0 Posts
Hey Dents glad to see ya made it here finally, was wonderin' if you would show up...I moved to SoCal since I saw you last on the side of the road, but it was I-394 west of town no?
I would hit up Monstergirl for a map of the last ride we did, some of the best roads I have been on, if she doesn't remember, just say the word 'combine'. I think that will jog her memory. They were all alphabet roads
on the MN side.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I've been absent for awhile on other projects but back reading posts.

name is ryan, ride an '00 monster dark. I live in the gheto part of st anthony for the last year. Neighbors are old and annoying. Havn't done a whole lot with the bike, money issues, which seems to be the situation all the time.

Occupation: web developer with graphic design bkgr. and a focus on Usabilty.

Interests are traveling all over when opportunity presents itself, snowboarding any chance i get, photography and painting inside of my house. I'm on a life long journey to discover a color combination i can live with for next 6 months.

And I have a cat which eats way to much yet i have an issue with cat hair.

S

·
0 Posts
Sign me up! And just when I thought there was no Monster club in Minnesota. I ride a black, '03 Monster 800, one that is crying out for a new set of Leo Vince or Staintune pipes. If the Easter Bunny gets my letter, hopefully he will bring an exhaust system rather than colored eggs this year.

I live in St Paul and, when I am not pining away for beautiful riding days, my time is spent working for a publishing company (an no, not the one to publish "Ride Hard, Ride Smart"), tinkering in the kitchen, furiously kayaking and staying connected with friends.

I'm looking forward to the new riding season and it would be great to hook up with a group of like-minded Ducatisti.

R

·
0 Posts
I live in western WI. Have got a 2001 600 race bike that will occasionaly wear a headlight and pull double duty. I work as a cop in an eastern suburb. Cant wait to be riding again!!!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
well as you can see i am back in, now that i can keep my monster. so time for my formal intro. i am 20, a comm. studies and philosophy student down in mankato (aka. kato, k-town) and have been riding motorcycles since i could walk and street bikes since i was 15, just don't tell the cops about that. owned my '01 750 since last spring and put a bunch of miles on it last summer, hope to do so again this summer. currently i am checking out the job market (read: unemployed) and loving every bit of it. i am definitly down to do some riding with everyone up there whenever possible. peace

J

·
0 Posts
Hey everybody, My name is Joshua but everyone calls me jj I currently live in southwest mpls with my wife Danielle and our new puppie Tallaluh. I was introduced to monstergirl last summer by one of the MSF instructors she was interviewing for her book at Bob's Java Hut and she invited me on a ride I unfortunately never made it due to job complications but plan on attending every ride I can this season(thank you for the invite Kim although I'm not sure you remember me)
Last july I bought my first Ducati, I purchased a brand new black monster S4 and I would have to say it's the best thing I've ever done. I'm currently waiting for an Arrow carbon high pipe exhaust to come in at Motoprimo I ordered a week ago I hope it shows up before sat mornin at Bob's. I've been riding dirt bikes since I was a little kid but this is my first road bike and it rules! but most recently I've been racing road bicycles and mountain bicycles and I think I will give up the bicycle for the motorcycle I'm sick of pedaling ya know! enough talkin
can't wait to meet you and ride with you all!

jj

1 - 20 of 26 Posts