Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
i own a monster 600 1998 and I would like to add a more racing look, I am thinking to transform it in a kind of 600ss or 888, (just the look, i mean)
does anyone know where I can find some pics of similar customizations?
thank you
repliKate
please reply in basic english, cause... I'm italian, as my bike ;)

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Hey, is that a 616? ;D

·
Registered
668 Posts
Hi there,
i own a monster 600 1998 and I would like to add a more racing look, I am thinking to transform it in a kind of 600ss or 888, (just the look, i mean)
does anyone know where I can find some pics of similar customizations?
thank you
repliKate
please reply in basic english, cause... I'm italian, as my bike

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
answers for everybody

Thank you for answering, I live in rome, my bike is not a 616 (never heard to tell the truth!) and retro's bike is really...
well really... nice.
I am JOKING, it's terrific, astonishing, marvellous, breathless, gorgeous and, gosh I run out of adjectives. [smiley=waytogo.gif]
Lucky man, I think we have to talk a lot, I have many questions.
i have noted that you keep it for the track as there are no lights, which I cannot do... but well I save the pic for my mechanic and what is the habit of the board, shall we go on in private not to bother others?
repliKate
In the meanwhile I look up the dictionary for tech terms, and prepare the list of questions!
Hugs to everybody

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Replikate.....The bike belongs to Ducman851. He is on the board here. Feel free to click on his name and send him an Instant message, or just post a new topic with is name, I would guess there is interest from other members on his bodywork, and I am sure he would be happy to give you all the info you would need. In fact it could be a good Monster of the month.....I think I should take the photo's though.....I'm thinking of something for DJ on that one.
I have seen his rivals race bike also, which is in yellow, and he put a 748 tail and subframe on his, which I think also looks very good. But I do like the stock seat as in Ducman's photo. If you haven't, take a look at this months featured bike. Very nice also. The bodywork may also be available in a street legal version. A bracket was made to handle the upper, that clamped around the steering head, and brackets were welded to the frame to attach the rest of the kit. If it is hard to find someone to make the bracket for the steering head, one can be fabbed at the same place that made Ducman's.
P.S. I don't know what a 616 is either ??? Nick?

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Ahhh..a very rare bike.

M620 + 916 bodywork = 616

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ah that was a good one....sorry I didn't catch on...

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Replikate.....The bike belongs to Ducman851.

Really, I had never thought that a fairing monster would be more beautiful than the original one.
sorry but I am really astonished!
Now, I will post to ducman851 but I think you went right to the problem: fixing the light (the part holding the light) to the steering head. The monster has no hooking points as the ss series or 998 and similar. Sides should not be a problem, while a 748 tail would be just... great! I love 748 rear.
next problem:
I have just discovered that I gave my english tech dictionary to my ex boyfriend! sigh, :-[
I will spent some time studying and I will be back to you.
bye
repliKate

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Your English is fine.....the part for the upper was fabbed at Manley Cycle....it was actually a really nice piece, and the clamp was billet.
Since they have done several I am sure it would be easy for them to replicate it if you needed one made.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Your English is fine.....

mine english might be ok but yours...
;D joking, i mean when you name a part of the bike I am not sure I get it right.

Please, help a dumb person, I clicked on the topic "april's bike etc." but I could not understand where everybody saw the bike. I clicked the author's website but that was not it.
Bye
R.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I wish my Italian was as good as your English!
I'm going to Italy next month, and so far all I have is
-desidero un'altra birra
I'm in trouble

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Buon giorno, Come Sta? Come si chiama?
Come e bello quel maglione in vertina!
Certo! E di Armani
;D

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
616 should be 781... (620+916)/2 + 13 (M being the 13th letter). Though... I'm pretty sure no one would catch on. I'm just too clever for my own good. Or maybe I'm just crazy.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
LOL
hey this is a bilingual board. I feel at home!

Akido10 and monsterhooligan are both coming around here, who else? Do you need any tip? If so post me or let's open a topic on non-monster board.

;D really I feel I am already becoming addicted to the board!
repliKate

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
There are 6 going in our group.
We will be in Milano, Lake Como, and Rimmini.

There is one thing I need help with...any idea how I can buy tickets for World Superbikes races in Monza?
there's nothing on thier website
grazie mille! ;)

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
superbike in monza

There are 6 going in our group.
We will be in Milano, Lake Como, and Rimmini.

There is one thing I need help with...any idea how I can buy tickets for World Superbikes races in Monza?
there's nothing on thier website
grazie mille!

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
I am coming to WDW also. Driving a car :( from Grenoble France.

-Chad

1 - 20 of 20 Posts