Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
New to the board...not to ducati's. I picked up a 2001 monster 600 that I am going to race in GTII and Med-twins. I have a couple of questions:
1. Does anybody know where I can find rearsets that are compatible with a high mount exhaust system?
2. In your opinion, does the single front rotor on a 600 provide sufficient stopping power?
3. How would you recommend stiffening the front suspension? Stiffer springs? New fork oil?
4. Where can I find a belly-pan?
5. Does anybody manufacture a race front (half fairing and windscreen)?

I am hoping I can get the things I need before the end of the month (31st is our last race). Thanks for any/all the help!

Chris

R

·
0 Posts
try cycle cat.....call them on the rear sets as you are in a hurry....
would add at least buttons to float your rotor, but it might fade getting hot...can't remember if ducman is using single rotor?
I think race tech offers good fork solutions.
Ducamn851 races 620's so maybe he will pipe in....as he uses a full SBK racing upper and lower.....don't know if there is a frame difference issue for you but he should....

http://www.momentumphoto.net/cra/jul03/017/

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
As Retro said, I race an 02 M620. Ive fitted 748 Hotbodies bodywork with Graves fairing bracket. its bolted to a custom made

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chris from California Cycleworks says he has as set of Style & Performance rearsets in stock....hopefully they will work with the highmount. Thanks for the tip on the bodywork. I think I'm going to run it with a bellypan and small fairing (which I can't find anywhere!). I currently race an RS125 which I dumped hard 3 weeks ago, tried manipulating the lower to work as a bellypan on the monster...not successful. Let me know if you come across anything.
I dropped the forks and put the clip-ons below the triple clamp (rake angle seems to be the same). Does the 620 have adjustable front suspension? What about duel rotors?

R

·
0 Posts
Ducamn has dual rotors and non adjustable forks.....
If you are dealing with Chris, he also races in case you did not know, and sells brake parts.
If you want adj forks look to the duc lists for a set of adjustables
or poss. ebay. Chris may be able to help you there also.
Ducman also had a modified bellypan from something? Ducman?

What type of small fairing are you looking for?

aha! see this post also......
http://www.ducatimonster.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=parts;action=display;num=1060204504

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
The first weekend I raced my Monster I had a 748/9** belly pan on it. I fabbed some brackets and away I went. It worked good. Also you will want to get an oil cooler, they get abit warm when run hard at the track. The other thing we are seeing is the half rings on the closer shims breaking. This is due to the high revs for a long period of time. So MBP collets would be an appropriate upgrade. I have the dual rotor setup as mine was an upgraded model 620, the darks only came with single discs.

I think I have a pic of the bike with the bellypan somewhere.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts