Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I finally bought a motocycle after 5 years of not riding one. It is a 900 monster Sie with 6,600 miles and it is in immaculater shape.
I took a few pics yesterday, let me know what you guys think.
BTW Any ducati owner from Seattle here?

here it is next to my wife's scooter

·
Registered
498 Posts
Congratulations on your new girl, and Welcome Home! [thumbsup] [clap]

I'd be more than happy to remove your reflectors in exchange for some pastries or a Corona. [cheeky]

·
Banned
2,007 Posts
nice bike!! i love yellow monsters, do you use the reminder that goes over the twistgrip with your disc lock??

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Welcome, enjoy your Italian mistress. [thumbsup]

PS. I wil pass along advice that was given to me: Go ahead and destroy your credit cards right now. ;)

rich

·
Registered
60 Posts
Sweet bike. I love yellow my wife hates yellow. I'm looking at getting a
900d. I'ts a 2000 or a 2000 750 also dark

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Welcome! Nice looking bike with a few tasty mods already done... Was the 6K service performed before you bought it? Since the bike is either a 2000 or 2001, have the timing belts been changed recently?

Just want to make sure you enjoy a long happy relationship with your new bike.

Enjoy it, and ride safe!

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Congrats, and welcome to the DML! That's a nice bike you've got there. [thumbsup]

If you're looking for DML'er's in your area, check out the Local Clubs section. There are quite a few Ducati owners in the Seattle area.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Welcome and nicely done, you've already saved yourself some $$$ with those mods.

Yellow is good. ;D

Tanya

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Very nice [thumbsup]

·
Registered
271 Posts
Nice bike, love my 900s. Check out my mods list though to see what you are in for.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for your welcoming. I have actually not planned on modding it for now. I am still overwehlmed by the fact of having to get used to driving a bigger bike again, and I do not have an endorsement in the States yet (only in europe). and the weather lately really hasn't given me much of an opportunity to ride it. Only 10 miles in one week :)

can you tell what are the mods that have been done yet besides the pipes. I was told that told that the S version came with all these bits of fiber carbon and the adjustable shocks and fork.

Also i have the front fiber carbon fairing that has a tiny chip in it, any way to fix that? or at least cover it? besides that i am very excited as I have looked all over it and it is absolutely flawless.

Only thing is that I have to bring it in for the 6K service. Is a ducati dealer the only/best place to go? how much is this service on my bike? I was told $600, does that sound right?

here are a couple more pics

thanks again

·
Banned
2,007 Posts
i could be wrong but aside from the mufflers and the c/f underguard it may be all stock "S" bits.

·
Registered
271 Posts
the only non-stock 900S items I spotted are the cans.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts