Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my 99 900 City delivered last night. Beautiful bike and now my VTX1300 has a friend in the garage. Time to start learning about mods for the monster. Does anyone know if the 900 City can be fitted with a seat cowl? Think the seat is slightly more padded than a standard Monster and was hoping to put a little CF on the back to go with the front fender. Worried about buying something, however, and finding out that the City does not allow for it. If anyone has one, can you give me a shout out about whether or not this is doable? Thanks. Hoping to get a CF cowl and front fairing with the looming Xmas $$$.

Also looking forward to browsing through this place and learning more about the new bike.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Yes. My seat is more padded than a monster seat, the cowl is a bit tight but still works just fine. Make sure you sand the sharp edges on the bottom of the cowl to keep it from digging in too much.

·
Premium Member
5,761 Posts
We have not had any fit problems with ours but you will never know for sure until you try.

If you buy one from us and it does not fit, you can send it back for a refund or credit toward something else.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Looks like I know what my money is going this Christmas. BTW...definite master of the obvious comment here but the Monster runs VERRRRY differently than my cruiser. I love it. Now I got a bike for whatever mood I happen to be in ( >:D or 8))... Cheers, Rich

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
blaya04 said:
BTW...definite master of the obvious comment here but the Monster runs VERRRRY differently than my cruiser. I love it. Now I got a bike for whatever mood I happen to be in ( >:D or 8))... Cheers, Rich
Don't be suprised when you go to your garage and the VTX has a flat tire or an unexplained oil leak. >:D Bad Monster

·
Registered
702 Posts
blaya04 said:
Just got my 99 900 City delivered last night. Beautiful bike and now my VTX1300 has a friend in the garage. Time to start learning about mods for the monster. Does anyone know if the 900 City can be fitted with a seat cowl? Think the seat is slightly more padded than a standard Monster and was hoping to put a little CF on the back to go with the front fender.
Yes it will fit. My City had one when I got it (one year used).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts