Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

New to AZ! Whats up?

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Calvin56 
#1 ·
Hows it going?
I've been in Tucson for a couple years now, and I'm finaly getting a Duc again- Mostly likely a Monster (I'm looking for a good S2R 1000 if anyone has a good lead).

I started loving ducs when I got to spend a year in Italy where I got a 996, what a blast! That blew up- litteraly (painful story) and I ended up getting a 749 dark a year or two after which I eneded up selling about 6 months ago. I haven't been able to resist the cravings, so I'm going to be picking up a new one, just got the Ok from my pocketbook and wife yesterday, so I'm pretty excited.

I'm out of the country for another 2 months, but I'll be poking around here and doing some shopping. Hopefully I'll have one by the time I get back!

See ya soon.

#7 ·
Calvin56 said:
I'm so torn between the 1000ds or the s2r- any info to sway me? Is the performance difference noticeable?
Do you mean S2R 1000 vs. S2R 800?

If the 1000 had been out (or even rumors of it) when I bought my S2R (April '05), I would have gotten the 1000 simply for the upgraded suspension and the dry clutch (I love the ruckus it makes). There is another Tucson rider on here (Buelligan99) who rides the S2R 1000 and he has been very impressed with the suspension on his bike.

Power wise, the 803 engine is just fine for my spirited Mt. Lemmon rides, especially with the 14 tooth front sprocket. As a whole, I am plenty satisfied with my S2R. It is a fantastic street bike. [thumbsup]

I haven't ridden the 1000 for comparison, perhaps he and I should switch bikes for a run up the mountain so we can compare. What do you say, Charles? ;)

#9 ·
MonsterDuc said:
Do you mean S2R 1000 vs. S2R 800?
OR..he could have meant the 1000DS or the S2R's??

The DS is a great bike!! I rode it for a week around Italy. I like the DS better over the S2R's zince it has the dual exhaust on either side. Not much of a fan for the single side pipes but I do live the single-side swing arm! The 800 S2R is very comparable to my 620 when you get rid of the extra weight for "flickability" in the twisties. The 1000 S2R seems a bit more bulky but I'm used to the 620 so the bigger bikes & their weight differences took some getting used to!

#10 ·
Sorry about the confusion, coparo between the S2R 800 and the S2R 1000, just tossed DS in there for the engine. We'll see how it rides, I was sold on the S2R either way because of the SSS and the suspension- I liked the theory behind the 1000 engine as well!
I know it will be different from my sbk's I had in the past, but I'm sure it will have plenty of spirit! But I do look forward to the less aggressive riding stance ;D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.