Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got two new bikes and the temp is down how do I get rid of the waxy coating on the tires
to help make it safer to ride in cold temps I am talking 30s-50s I know you can scrub new tires for auto racing but what about bike tires??

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
25 psi and some slow swerving.... no, wait, just do what everbody else said.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I "prep" new tires with a wire brush, front and rear.
MCN (Motorcycle Consumer News) ran a great feature awhile back about manually scrubbing in tires, the different methods (sandpaper, wheel, wire brush, etc.), and the benefits of doing so versus normal scrubbing in (by just riding).
FWIW, MCN also felt the wire brush method was the best for prepping/scrubbing tires.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
I'd rather ride them in, than sit in the garage with a dirty old wire brush...though I guess the wire brush does solve the chicken strip problem.

·
Registered
322 Posts
i always ride very cautiously with new tires for a day or two. i was at the local kawasaki dealership last year and saw a young man wiping his new tires with 'goo gone.' he said he had read about it in a magazine and it works very well. i have never tried it but i think you should and then let me know how it works. (or even IF it works!) ;D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts